Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long will it REALISTICALLY take to transform from skinny-fat to bikini body?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    I am slim but have quite of a tummy which annoys me and wanna love my view in the mirror when i look at my abs.
    I know I have to reduce my fat percentage (I still dont know how to measure it and all i know is im 10stone) and combine cardio with weights but how long will it take?

I wanna get to 17\18% body fat and to be toned everywhere. How long will it take

ReputationRep:
    17/18% is not that toned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shipreck)
    It is for females. Men is lower i believe

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your exercise routine and your diet.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your weight, your exercise of choice and how much musce vs fat you carry. For my gf lifting, about a year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Depends on your exercise routine and your diet.
    So 3 days of strength training and 2 days of cardio (HIIT) with eating clean

9 months will I lose my belly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Depends on your weight, your exercise of choice and how much musce vs fat you carry. For my gf lifting, about a year
    How do I measure my body fat percentage? I think I need a calipher but who can measure it for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    How do I measure my body fat percentage? I think I need a calipher but who can measure it for me?
    I've just answered your other thread.

ReputationRep:
    17-18% is a pretty far fetched goal for a female, you're going to look malnourished, especially coming down from 10 stone. Regardless though, cardio and weight lifting don't have anything to do with cutting body fat, it's all about Calories in Vs Calories out essentially. Cardio and weight lifting just means you have room for more food!

ReputationRep:
    Do a tonne of squats and lunges to develop that bootius maximus :sexface:

(Original post by Shipreck)
    It is for women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagnetoWasRight)
    Do a tonne of squats and lunges to develop that bootius maximus :sexface:

It is for women
    How long would it take to go from flat to really toned n lifted?

ReputationRep:
    How long would it take to go from flat to really toned n lifted?
    You could look really sexy in a year, for women getting the squat up to bodyweight is key, but I massively like women with huge butts so you'll have to forgive my personal bias here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagnetoWasRight)
    You could look really sexy in a year, for women getting the squat up to bodyweight is key, but I massively like women with huge butts so you'll have to forgive my personal bias here.
    What do you mean up to body weight?

And can genes determine if your butt stays flat no matter what you do? (My fear)

ReputationRep:
    A year , or less if you spend more time working on your body and eating healthy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

And can genes determine if your butt stays flat no matter what you do? (My fear)
    He means being able to squat the same weight as whatever your body weighs at the same.

Nobody has genes so bad that their body refuses to ever develop butt muscles haha. Some will just develop sooner than others.

ReputationRep:
    If you weight 50kg, at least try to get your back squat to 50kg for 5 reps.

Of course your genes will influence how your ass responds to lifting, but I promise you it will help, especially if you go down low. You can send me before and after pics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    He means being able to squat the same weight as whatever your body weighs at the same.

Nobody has genes so bad that their body refuses to ever develop butt muscles haha. Some will just develop sooner than others.
    Oh i see. How long does it usually take to see noticeable results?

Btw i'll be joining the gym soon and since i wont have a personal trainer (im a broke student), who is gonna help me with how to use the equipment before i injure myself, do the wrong thing lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh i see. How long does it usually take to see noticeable results?

Btw i'll be joining the gym soon and since i wont have a personal trainer (im a broke student), who is gonna help me with how to use the equipment before i injure myself, do the wrong thing lol
    Don't worry about it. It might take some time. It depends on too much stuff. Just keep at it and you will assuredly get results eventually so the time frame doesn't really matter considering you will feel better all throughout your life anyway while you maintain a more fit body.

There's often PTs that work within the gyms themselves there to aid newbies.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which would you rather be...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.