Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

BA Hons Languages French and English

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am starting L161 and L120 in October after completing AA100 earlier this year. Does anyone have any tips or experience in working on 2 modules at once? My plans are to try and merge both study planners into one and attempt to stagger the assignment submission dates so that I do one a month.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbarrick)
    Hi

I am starting L161 and L120 in October after completing AA100 earlier this year. Does anyone have any tips or experience in working on 2 modules at once? My plans are to try and merge both study planners into one and attempt to stagger the assignment submission dates so that I do one a month.

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.
    I'm studying 90 credits this year (level 1 modules for the start of my Language Studies BA hons), and my plan is basically to work ahead a little in each so I have an extra week to work on assignments. (Advice from my Mum - she graduated with a first from the OU in a different subject). Essentially this means working a week ahead in each assignment, so on modules with overlapping deadlines, I'll have two weeks to work on two assignments rather than one week to work on two. I've made a note of all my due dates - I have two modules that overlap exactly (i.e. an assignment for L192 due on the 8th December, with an assignment for L193 due on the same date), so the extra time will really make a difference. Though I believe L161 and L120 due dates don't overlap as much, so you should be fine there, really.

Though I'm not sure exactly what you mean by attempting to do one assignment a month - the assignment due dates in the module website are deadlines, not guidelines. Unless you mean that you plan to do one assignment early?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I see that was confusing! Thanks for your reply. Though I can't change the assignment dates I'm going to merge the two planners together to ensure I don't have to do two assignments in the same week. I haven't looked closely at the assignment dates yet but if they are different it will be a great help. Otherwise I guess I'd better get started this week! All the best for the term ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbarrick)
    Yes I see that was confusing! Thanks for your reply. Though I can't change the assignment dates I'm going to merge the two planners together to ensure I don't have to do two assignments in the same week. I haven't looked closely at the assignment dates yet but if they are different it will be a great help. Otherwise I guess I'd better get started this week! All the best for the term ahead.
    I'm also doing L161 and L120 this year, and to be fair, it doesn't look too bad - the only time the assignment deadlines clash is in January, and given that the work planner gives you a 'week off' so to speak for each assignment (as opposed to AA100, where you're expected to keep studying *and* fit in time for the TMAs), it shouldn't pose too much of a problem, IMO.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.