The Student Room Group

Taking English Lit, History and Biology..?

I have a few questions about the A levels I'm currently taking; I was initially doing these 3 as well as French but have dropped it today (very hesitantly!) due to the fact I can already feel how potentially overwhelming the work load of these 4 A levels is going to be, and we're only 3 weeks in!

Having said that, my questions are mainly the following:
1) Did I do the right thing dropping French?? I was told more to drop biology instead but I really enjoy it and I'd like to keep my options open slightly by having a science?
2) Is this a good combination of A levels?
3) What could I do with these at uni? I'm aiming for A's, if not an A* or 2 (although I know I'm going to have to work extremely hard for that!)

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
At the end of the day, its your decision that matters. French isn't necessarily as respected as an A-level in comparison to Biology, English lit or History, and by taking only 3 its likely that you'll achieve amazing grades in these. Do you know what you want to do at uni?
Original post by Bondioz
At the end of the day, its your decision that matters. French isn't necessarily as respected as an A-level in comparison to Biology, English lit or History, and by taking only 3 its likely that you'll achieve amazing grades in these. Do you know what you want to do at uni?

I did want to do law for the past few years but I've gone off the idea quite a lot, so I was considering some kind of management, or marketing degree or something, or possibly some kind of science related degree (e.g. I found one that was something like bioscience with entrepreneurship or something) - I really am not sure which is why I'm trying to keep my options a bit more open with a science in there.

I was doing Chemistry at the start of the year but myself and two friends dropped it after the second lesson because the course looked just too hard ahaha :colondollar:
I was going to do your options and now i've been put off oh my!!

Quick Reply

Latest