Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What motivates you to dress nicely on a daily basis? (If you do it)

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    How long does it take you to get dressed before you go out and do u wake up very early? I guess sacrificing sleep will be worth feeling good the rest of the day

Btw watch mimi ikonn's video 'why to always dress your best'. She goes into detail about this and inspired me to start in the first place
    What I do is-I choose my clothes the night before I go to sleep, waste less time in the morning....but I get up at 7 every morning and am out the door before 8.30...I only spend time doing my hair and makeup, and just choosing my shoes according to the weather...lool...umm I dont do the caked on look with my make up...concealer, (foundation-only if I am going somewhere special), mascara and eyeliner and just lipstick everyday...everyday I do my hair differently...I know how to do a lot of hairstyles on myself and depending on the time I have left (it takes me ages to eat breakfast) I'll do my hair according to that!..

I will go and watch that now!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToussJ)
    So wait you would dress up if you knew you were gonna see acquaintances you don't even care about?
    I would have dressed better and concealed my dark undereyes at least if I had I known I'd be bumping into people from the past. I felt terrible that I made no effort and didn't present who I am today as well as I could've.

Dressing well is comforting and that moment made me feel somewhat inferior, like they were looking down on me.

Let's face it, in today's society appearance is more important than ever.

Do you do it on a daily basis?

Love that quote

No

I guess when i don't feel as confident

ReputationRep:
    Bump de bump

ReputationRep:
    Its natural to want others to think the best of us
    Well yeah, but in my case it doesn't outweigh my innate laziness...If it's someone whose opinion I don't care about, then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    I would have dressed better and concealed my dark undereyes at least if I had I known I'd be bumping into people from the past. I felt terrible that I made no effort and didn't present who I am today as well as I could've.

Dressing well is comforting and that moment made me feel somewhat inferior, like they were looking down on me.

Let's face it, in today's society appearance is more important than ever.
    I find it also depends on your personality...me personally, I don't really feel any discomfort about looking like a tramp, unfortunately. I had a reputation in school for having the dirtiest shoes XD

ReputationRep:
    I have such a lack of meaningful hobbies that I made dressing nicely a hobby.

ReputationRep:
    I threw out all my crap clothes, so now I have no choice

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.