Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Why aren't there any mexicans in the UK?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lachimie)
    I'd rather judge a country based on what the normal/average people are like, not media headlines, did you know the north of Somalia is actually pretty peaceful,the north broke away as Somaliland and is described as a beacon of democracy due to the countless elections they've had. Do a little research of your own accord before speaking about countries
    Well, if the north is Somaliland, then it's not Somalia anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Other than the first and last point, this sir is 100% ********
    Strong argument here, you convinced me. Somalia is a beacon of democracy with a strong economy and a great healthcare system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Well, if the north is Somaliland, then it's not Somalia anymore.
    Its not independent. It will always be part of somalia.

I wonder what Somali girl rejected you to be this bitter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lachimie)
    I'd rather judge a country based on what the normal/average people are like, not media headlines, did you know the north of Somalia is actually pretty peaceful,the north broke away as Somaliland and is described as a beacon of democracy due to the countless elections they've had. Do a little research of your own accord before speaking about countries
    lol, it's no secret that it's still one of the poorest places on earth. Congrats on them being a democracy though

ReputationRep:
    Well you can say that about alot of countries and terrorism isnt synonym to somalia. I and many others think of nonafrican countries like France and the US when we think of terrorism

Dont believe eveything you see on the news. I was born there and even though I havent been back, I know many young somalis who have left western countries to actually go and live there because they genuinely felt its better than their countries.
    Riiiigghhtt......

ReputationRep:
    Pitbull is finer
    I find that really odd, Pitbull looks like a trampy lightskin fat Ronaldo, that guy is absolutely stunning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I think you're a bit biased. I really doubt that people went back to Somalia because they "felt it is better than their countries".

- Somalia is in civil war since 1992
    - GDP per inhabitant is $284.
    - Life expectancy is 52yo (218th on 224 countries).
    - Literacy rate is about 24%.
    - Infant mortality rate is 137‰ (3rd worse in the world).
    - "The inflation rate is estimated to remain in the range of 300%." http://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/upload...ry%20Brief.pdf

In short, Somalia is a s***hole. No offence.
    137%? That would mean more infants die than get born...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    137%? That would mean more infants die than get born...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not percent, it's per mille (‰). It means that 13.7% of children die in infancy. Yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    It's not percent, it's per mille (‰). It means that 13.7% of children die in infancy. Yep.
    Youre so bitter that its almost hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Youre so bitter that its almost hilarious
    I'm not bitter? I just state the fact that infant mortality is extremely high in Somalia.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.