The Student Room Group

Wilko - I didn't get paid?

It's been first week on the job and they say we get paid every Friday.
Today is Friday and there isn't any money in the account?
Should I wait the whole day Friday or should I talk to them?
What should I say?

Thank tou

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Wait the whole day.
Original post by Bloom77
It's been first week on the job and they say we get paid every Friday.
Today is Friday and there isn't any money in the account?
Should I wait the whole day Friday or should I talk to them?
What should I say?

Thank tou

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give it the rest of the day, just in case, and if you're not paid then talk to your manager and find out what's happening. It could just be that they pay for the week before, rather than the week just gone, meaning you'd get paid next Friday. That was the case for me when I worked retail
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Give it the rest of the day, just in case, and if you're not paid then talk to your manager and find out what's happening. It could just be that they pay for the week before, rather than the week just gone, meaning you'd get paid next Friday. That was the case for me when I worked retail

Actually it was the week just gone
I worked the previous Saturday :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Actually it was the week just gone
I worked the previous Saturday :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 17th? That could still technically count as this week, payment wise, as the payment date for that week was the day before.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
The 17th? That could still technically count as this week, payment wise, as the payment date for that week was the day before.

Oh right okay
But I was supposed to get paid for my induxtion too which was the previous Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Oh right okay
But I was supposed to get paid for my induxtion too which was the previous Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, yeah you'd have thought that would've been paid at least. Definitely bring it up with your manager at some point, as it could be an issue with getting you on payroll or something
Original post by Bloom77
Oh right okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ask your manager how the pay system works if you haven't been paid by saturday morning... chances are it's just paid in arrears (as in you get paid a week or two after you worked the hours) and you'll get it next week, it may be they didn't get payroll sorted in time for your trial shift/didn't think it was worth putting a single shift through so I wouldn't worry
B**** better have my money....pay me what you owe me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending