The Student Room Group
I might be wrong because I applied to Cambridge, so it might be slightly different, but if it's the space on the Oxford Application Form where you can write an extra mini personal statement, it's optional. People agonise over what to write in it, not wanting to leave it blank, but they really won't care if you do and you shouldn't feel like you have to write something just for the sake of it. People generally use it to write about any aspects of the course that are unique to Oxford, the collegiate system, prestige and things like that- basically the reasons they want to go to Oxford instead of other unis. As far as I know, you're allowed to write as much as you can fit in the box and you send it to them by post. But as I said, this is assuming it's the same as the Cambridge form, so hopefully a past or potential Oxford applicant will answer you properly.
Reply 2
As with Kelly, if its the same as the extra PS space on the CAF, then you don't need to write anything. I left it completely blank and it didn't affect my chances of an offer. A sycophantic speech about how brilliant Oxford is will probably not even be read.
Reply 3
What course are you applying for? If the course at Oxford is completely different than other courses you're applying for, you might want to talk about that in there. A good example is Law (LLB) and Jurisprudence.
Reply 4
I applied for law at Oxford this year and din't put anything in the additional comments box, altho I think my form tutor might have (but that was just highlighting some key things from my personal statement about why I'd be a good student at Oxford specifically)
writing nothing didn't affect my chances as I still got an offer!
Reply 5
It's advised not to write anything if you have nothing to say :p:
Don't feel that you have to fill it and put the three lines you were'nt able to fit into the PS in it.
If you have anything important to say, that is only relevant to Oxford and none of your other choices than do so.
Reply 6
Please don't mention stuff such as: 'I love the tutorial system.'
Reply 7
I can't even remember filling that in, although I probably did. Only write something if you can think of something worth saying. What College are you applying to incidently? Good luck with interviews, if you get them. They're not that scary, really, and a great chance to meet people. It only takes about a week for the rejection letter to come through, so it isn't too agonising a wait :P I'm sure you'll get in though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending