The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mini101
Thank you so much for all the help. I will see what I can do. I will check out the courses that you have mentioned and see what happens.
I am so grateful for all the help you've given me. :biggrin:

no problem :smile: if you have any other questions or anything, feel free to PM me :smile: I technically did both biology and chemistry A levels in 1 year as I did not do well at AS at all. but it is possible to do biology and chemistry a levels in 1 year if you put enough effort in
Original post by Mini101
Thank you for letting me know about the practical endorsement courses, national extension college.
However, I will be writing the alternative to practical paper, instead of carrying out the experiments.
Do you still offer online fast track courses for the theory part of the syllabus (for bio and chem)? Could you please provide a web address to your site?
Thank you very much.

Then you must be doing an international A level.

You should be very careful about which books and any distance learning resources you buy.
U.K. A levels are undergoing significant reform that does not affect international A levels. Text books and distance learning for these new uk specifications won't make the best preparation for international exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Does cloudlearn gives ucas reference?
Hiya,
I know this is an old thread but I wanted some advice. Did you end up using cloudlearn? I’m looking to do A level Biology, Chemisty and Physics. I’m really eager to start but I’m worried that it may not be a good site. Can you please help?
I am interested in doing A-Level Chemistry as a fast track course completed in 1 year and by distance learning. But I'm not which course is best? Which one would you all recommend? I'd need to sign up fairly soon to do it within this academic year. Also, how do we get around the Practical Assessments?
Original post by Sail3121
I am interested in doing A-Level Chemistry as a fast track course completed in 1 year and by distance learning. But I'm not which course is best? Which one would you all recommend? I'd need to sign up fairly soon to do it within this academic year. Also, how do we get around the Practical Assessments?

From what i have heard open college study is good although i don't know if they offer chemistry or not but I do know that all online chemistry courses should offer the practical assessments but they do cost a lot to pay for. Normally you would go to a chosen centre for a few days and complete the practical there
Reply 26
I have been looking at people's replies and comments and I would like to know if anyone knows an online learning provider that offers fast track A Level IT/ computer science. I'm at my wit's end looking for a place that offers all my subjects: Maths, Physics and IT/ Computer Science

Latest