The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do some research around the subject. I and others could quite easily feed you a load of waffle about the market but an employer will soon realise if you simply regurgitate information. Use things like wikipedia; look up on P.E house websites, see how much money they're making, their portfolios etc etc.

Give your own opinions on what you think of P.E. Is it a good thing making businesses increasingly economically efficient or is simply asset stripping just damaging the economy? An employer wants to see someone who is able to see information, analyse the information and form their own reasoned opinions as a result.
google news?
Steal some economist articles.
Kwan1003
I will be having an interview soon and I am thinking of talking about the private equity industry (for commerical awareness) as its in the news recently.

Does anyone know more on the topic and what are the most important points that I should include??

Thank you~

1) Overleverage

2) Overliquidity

3) PE movement to Africa

4) Size of buyouts gone bigger

5) Result of bigger investment in PE funds, more money to make bigger targets

6) Complexity of the deal structures (talk about mezzanine debt)

7) Bigger complex roles, PE firms go in as consortiums with multipe advisors

8) Deals turning hostile

9) Consolidation on some sectors driving PE activity (e.g. Infastructure and Utilities)

10) KKR, Blackstone, Apollo, listing on public stock exchange? Sign of peak of the PE market? Main shareholders seeking exit at a very high multiple?

etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending