The Student Room Group

How to let her know I like her?

There is a girl in your my you class that I really like and I want to try and get talking to her, but I always seem to make things awkward and not be able to get a decent Conversation going, mostly cause I get nervous :/, I know it sounds lame, but do you have any tips on how to get things going :/
Original post by Anonymous
There is a girl in your my you class that I really like and I want to try and get talking to her, but I always seem to make things awkward and not be able to get a decent Conversation going, mostly cause I get nervous :/, I know it sounds lame, but do you have any tips on how to get things going :/

The hardest bit in class is to get talking to them, and those initial conversations can be a teeny bit awkward but don't overdo it or give the game away too quickly :smile: start by talking about your subject maybe or something funny that's happened during the week, smile etc. I did this and a few times later I suggested getting together to study <the class we have in common> and so we did, talked a bit outside of school, got a bit of chemistry going on and voila.
Greet her when you first see her then start with small talk by asking open-ended questions like "hows your day been?" "What you up to today" "What plans have you got for this weekend" etc. and just reply politely. Tell her about what you're doing if she bounces the same question back to you and how you feel about it. Also ask a lot of open-ended questions more of a response from her rather than single worded ones.

You share a class with her so talk about the recent homework or assignment you've got for that class and maybe talk about how shes finding her other classes too.

Once she becomes more comfortable and have more rapport with you, start to compliment her (not too often though) and point out her flaws (dont be rude about it) to tease her a bit and be playful.

Hope this helps and kisses those butterflies goodbye (pun nearly intended). Good luck :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending