Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Employers have screwed us over now we can't afford to pay bills or rent...

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Both me and my partner have been screwed over by our employer, we are left angry, bitterly disappointed and worried about our stability to live.

She has been in this job a year, I've been in it about 6 months, and in that time we've both gone downhill psychologically. My already dented well-being has taken a nose-dive- back on medication for anxiety and depression (which is progressively worsening.)

She is also on meds and is near meltdown. The house is a tip, we feel just completely livid and both apathetic.

She handed in her notice (specifically stating a two week notice to them), so this week they just decide to not give her any shifts, or even say goodbye or anything. She literally worked her last shift last week, and nobody even knows she has gone.

Her new job have not given her a start date as there is some structural work been carried out on site and they need to sort it. There is a two-three week gap where she'll now be skint and i can't afford to bail her out.

The future seems so uncertain and unstable. Please help..

sounds like she screwed herself over by not getting a start date before handing in her notice, that's something you should always do

for now I don't know anywhere you can get financial help but you could start saving every penny now, use food banks if you need to, don't spend anything non necessary, maybe talk to your landlord and explain and see if you can come to an arrangement e.g. pay what you can and pay the rest over the following two months

also - clean and tidy the house and make yourselves a plan of action, things always feel a little better when they're organised
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.