The Student Room Group

Good unis- forensic psychology

Hello, I'm a 3rd year psychology student and I am thinking of applying for masters/ phd in forensic psychology. Does anyone know the best universities for forensic psychology in the UK or abroad?
Original post by ZoeyM
Hello, I'm a 3rd year psychology student and I am thinking of applying for masters/ phd in forensic psychology. Does anyone know the best universities for forensic psychology in the UK or abroad?

There aren't a whole lot of Forensic MSc's out there and because they *should* all be providing stage 1 of chartership, there ought not to be a huge difference in the courses themselves. Differentiating between the universities themselves will be impossible for anyone, unless they have experienced them all. Rankings would matter less her, because the course is so specific and tied less into the metrics which make up ranking statistics. Generally, I'd pick a university that is in a location that suits you.

Newcastle are offering placements (whether for everyone, I'm not sure) on their course. That would be valuable, I'm not sure how common that is at the moment.

I was lucky enough to have my course partly taught by practicing clinical and forensic Psychologists. Perhaps that is the norm? I'm not sure. But might be a worthy point of consideration.

Quick Reply

Latest