The Student Room Group

Help me please!

Please help me with this question
Reply 1
Original post by JackT2000
Please help me with this question

I have attached the question below
Reply 2
If the fiction to non fiction ratio is 3:1, then 3/4 of the 80 books must be fiction, and 1/4 of the 80 books must be non fiction.
From here, work out the total prices of the books in each category, and add them together to find the total amount of money she earns.

Hope this helps - I can't give you the answer as it is against forum rules, but just ask if you need any more help!
I have attached the question below

What have you tried?
Reply 4
Original post by RDKGames
What have you tried?

Here is my workings

Would I get 4 marks for this question?

This is worth 4 marks
Here is my workings

Would I get 4 marks for this question?

This is worth 4 marks

Yes.
Reply 6
Yes.

My teachers always tell us to show your working. Say if the question was 200 x2 and I wrote down 200 x 2 = 400 is that ok? Or do I need to do the collum method
My teachers always tell us to show your working. Say if the question was 200 x2 and I wrote down 200 x 2 = 400 is that ok? Or do I need to do the collum method

What do you mean?

The reason they say to always show your working is that the examiner would be able to give you method marks even if you do not get the correct final answer.
Reply 8
What do you mean?

The reason they say to always show your working is that the examiner would be able to give you method marks even if you do not get the correct final answer.

What I mean is say on the question I just done if I just wrote down 80 / 4 = 20 instead of bus stop division is that working?
What I mean is say on the question I just done if I just wrote down 80 / 4 = 20 instead of bus stop division is that working?

Yes that would be fine. As long as you show where your values come from, the way to get them can be whatever you want.

Quick Reply

Latest