The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

No more maintenance grant?

Ok, this is a bit annoying, I still don't have a clue whats going on

Last month I got my final financial notification for what I was gonna get this year, and everything was fine, but today I got another one off them, but this says I don't get any maintenance grant and doesn't give me any reason why I'm not having it anymore

Basically, under this new one all I get is just over £3000, which is barely enough to pay for rent in the halls, and I don't want to work again this year because that was a big part of what ruined uni for me last year :/

I've tried ringing SLC a few times but I can't actually get through to anyone I can TALK to, and I've been waiting for someone on the LiveChat thing all afternoon to no avail, so now I'm just stuck waiting for a response from the message I sent them
Reply 1
Hmm. if you've mailed them there ain't much else you can do. Maybe contact the uni see if they can help?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I just managed to talk to someone on LiveChat and they said they didn't know why I'd been reassessed and to go and talk to my LEA, so I'm heading there tomorrow in person

This is absolutely ridiculous, I've had so many problems with the SLC this year!!
Reply 3
Hope you get it all sorted mate :smile:

Latest