Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Black lives matter or All lives matter?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

(Original post by Jacarch12)
    I would like to assume you understand why BLM is even a movement. If you did, this question would not be asked.

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    All lives matter.

BLM has evolved into a domestic terrorist organisation which encourages racial segregation and black supremacy. It's a disgrace to humanity.
    BLM isn't saying that all lives don't matter. It's saying Black Lives Matter (Too), not Black Lives Matter (More). The main fight is for equality; focusing on the people most at risk doesn't make it segregation.

(Original post by wickedisgood)
    BLM isn't saying that all lives don't matter. It's saying Black Lives Matter (Too), not Black Lives Matter (More). The main fight is for equality; focusing on the people most at risk doesn't make it segregation.
    No but demanding spaces where white people arent allowed calling for them to be banned from parts of public buildings is segregation.

Maybe tell BLM that black lives matter before a protestor goes and kills another protester.

(Original post by Jacarch12)
    I would say something close is calling us the Human Race. Although its a label, its non specific really except for the human part.
    Black lives matter. what do you guys think? Most of us are all humans.
    Nobody is more special than anyone.
    Am british and i used to think i know more about british until i took i test called British Citizenship and i have failed miserably ahhaha
    Its called http://citizenpaper.co.uk/
    the hard ones are 8 and 16. try it might cost little admin fee tho

I'm not even one of the people who say "black lives matter? ALL lives matter" because obviously the message of BLM isn't that white lives (etc) don't matter. it's that black ones do in the face of an apparently racist and discriminatory society.

the BLM movement is just flat out ignorant.

for instance, regarding all the police shootings in the USA, 65%~ are white victims and 35%~ are black
    people are killed by the police far less than people kill cops -
    blacks kill blacks 90% of the time that black people are murdered, and blacks commit 52% of all murdered
    so it's not cops that kill blacks - blacks themselves kill blacks (althoiugh whites murder pretty much at the same intra-racial rate as black do)

the problem isn't racism, it's the fact that black individuals have a particular culture that isn't as well to do as the white predominant culture
    for instance, blacks have about 70%+ fatherlessness, they have a culture of rap gangsterism in many parts of america, they drop out of high school and college far more than whites

"black lives matter" isn't a typical, uninformed, internet-led movement just like "occupy wallstreet". it will pass as the information disproving it disperses.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.