The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
I did Cultural Studies with German last year and I found it really boring. Other people I knew enjoyed it but many of them said it was a lot like Sociology so I wouldn't advise combining it with that. We learnt about things like Feminism and Marxism and and how the media affects how people consume things. You also look at deviant groups in society and how people do different things to show their identity. One of the options for coursework is to write a 3000 word essay on a celebrity and analyse every detail about them.
It wasn't really that interesting and I've dropped it now but it is fairly easy and you can get 50% by just using the internet and common sense and by not doing much reading at all. We had two lectures a week and two seminars so they do expect you to do reading in preparation for every week. I also found it hard to get in touch with the lecturers and people who took the seminars. If you like Sociology you should like Cultural Studies but I wouldn't advise doing both of them together.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Latest

Trending

Trending