Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Whats the Science behind this?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Science + Mathd subjects never worked for me in GCSE and AS levels. Nothing would go into my head in class, key concepts would take me very long to learn, and I just cant understand anything without the CGP guide. I started revising at the start aswell.

However Politics and History comes easy to me, essay writing is easy to grasp,the content stays in my head easily for a long time, and I could easily self learn a subject like politics tbh.

Is it true that we are "naturally better" at some subjects? If so how does this work? Im guessing that it means I use 1 side of the brain more than the other...

Or am I just stupid, or are the arts subjects genuinely much easier and that strengths have nothing to do with it?

Lol usually people have a preference between maths/sciences or english/history or arty things.
    I have a feeling it's genetic!
    However some subjects can be learnt such as music or biology, whereas some require people who are naturally good with numbers or words or artistic things.

the way i look at it is if you're a talkative person, love to discuss things, then you gonna prefer writing essays cos u just have that much to say cos u remember events more. i sometimes look at history as a subject where we gossip about what them old men did 100 years ago. and as a person who likes the idea of (harmless) gossip, i tend to look at history as episodes of a tv series where im more likely going to remember

i also take maths. sometimes i like a break from essays, too much writing bores me. maths requires me to spend like 10 minutes doing 2-5 questions a day and boom im done.

arts are not easier than stem, vice versa. sure, i will never understand anything about physics, but i can if i try and actually take an interest in it...for now, it can bug off

You can be good at anything, there isn't anything blocking the information. It's just how appealing you find something.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.