The Student Room Group

I had 0 friends, and no one to hang out with at school during breaks.

I have already finished school , but during high school (i'm not from uk here it's 1st grade to 12th grade) from 9th grade to 12th grade I had 0 friends.
I had no one to hang out with during breaks from class.
I would sit alone and no one to talk to or to be my friend.
Has anyone experienced something similar?.

Scroll to see replies

Yup I experienced something similar.
Used to just sit on my own at lunchtimes and go on my phone whilst at school!
College I was bullied so I used to just hang by myself. I had a car then so I'd drive around for a bit, until the bullying got so bad that I didn't go in for a couple months!

But yeah it's not particularly nice at times is it!?
But being alone does have its benefits though!
Original post by Ttingox
I have already finished school , but during high school (i'm not from uk here it's 1st grade to 12th grade) from 9th grade to 12th grade I had 0 friends.
I had no one to hang out with during breaks from class.
I would sit alone and no one to talk to or to be my friend.
Has anyone experienced something similar?.

Yep! I mean, I had friends, but they were bad friends and ignored my existence more often than not. I finally ditched them in college and had no one to hang out with at all there. You're definitely not alone in that situation :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah I went through something similar for a little while at secondary school when I had to move classes due to being bullied. Everyone took the bullies side and shunned me so for months I was hanging about alone in the library or would walk home at lunch since I lived 5 mins away. I was very quiet and people deemed me as weird and I was off a lot due to my health so there were a lot of rumours going around about what was wrong with me and that only put people further off me. It was a very lonely time but compared to the 'friends' I lost who turned out to be bullies, being on my own was better. I still had friends outside of school but they sadly didn't go to the same school as me. I thankfully made some new school friends eventually but the alone time did suck, especially as I was still raw from the bullying but that was about 12 years ago now so its all water under the bridge now.
Reply 4
Original post by FireFreezer77
College I was bullied so I used to just hang by myself. I had a car then so I'd drive around for a bit, until the bullying got so bad that I didn't go in for a couple months!

I see.
Nice to know I am not the only one.
Although I am sorry of course you had to go through it too as I experienced it and know how bad it can feel.

Yeah I used to be on my phone a lot too to pass time during the breaks.
Are you from the USA?.
Because when you say college do you mean the USA college or the UK college?. Because I know most people on here are from the UK.
And how old are you now?.

Yeah I mean I was never a people's person, I was always quiet and shy but I used to have 1,2 friends but when I got to 9th grade I didn't have any friends.
When I started year 12, I didn't say a single word, due to shyness. One of my teachers even said she thought I was mute.

Because my breaks were ridiculously long, I used to just take the tube home and play some bass guitar, so it wasn't that bad, although I do remember feeling really down for a few weeks. But I did make 1 friend after about 2 months, however he left after the first year cos he went to university and it was the same thing over again, but for an entire year.
Original post by FireFreezer77

You were bullied in college ? You're an adult, how did this happen ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Leviathan1741
Yep! I mean, I had friends, but they were bad friends and ignored my existence more often than not. I finally ditched them in college and had no one to hang out with at all there. You're definitely not alone in that situation :smile:

Nice to know I am not the only one:smile:.
Although sorry you also had to go through it.
When you say college do you mean the UK college or the USA?.
Reply 8
Definitely experienced something similar :smile:

I was always bullied and it eventually got so bad that even my own friends turned against me, and I had no one at all... I used to just sit in the library and read, but it got kind of better in the end.
Reply 9
who cares, friends are overrated. learn how to enjoy your independence
Reply 10
Original post by RossB1702

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bullying doesn't just happen to small children or to high school children.
Sadly people can be *******s at any age.
There is bullying in college and in workplace and in the army.
People in their 30's and 40's have sadly committed suicide in cases I have read on the news a few times due to workplace harrasment/bullying.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by d010534
Definitely experienced something similar :smile:

I was always bullied and it eventually got so bad that even my own friends turned against me, and I had no one at all... I used to just sit in the library and read, but it got kind of better in the end.

Sorry to hear that.
I hate bullies I was bullied too throughout my school years.
The bullies who are evil just ruin it for the rest of us who are good hearted and well behaved people.
Original post by Ttingox
Sorry to hear that.
I hate bullies I was bullied too throughout my school years.
The bullies who are evil just ruin it for the rest of us who are good hearted and well behaved people.

Omg that's so true though. It's like, I haven't even done anything to them but they just pick on me. I have no idea why tbh
Original post by Ttingox
Bullying doesn't just happen to small children or to high school children.
Sadly people can be *******s at any age.
There is bullying in college and in workplace and in the army.
People in their 30's and 40's have sadly committed suicide in cases I have read on the news a few times due to workplace harrasment/bullying.

It is sad but I just don't see how this could happen to an adult. If I was bullied at any age I would take matters into my own hands especially if i was an adult cause if you told an authority they'd just laugh at you. Sorry if I sound inconsiderate but I just don't feel this should be an issue with full grown adults.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yeah I went through something similar for a little while at secondary school when I had to move classes due to being bullied. Everyone took the bullies side and shunned me so for months I was hanging about alone in the library or would walk home at lunch since I lived 5 mins away. I was very quiet and people deemed me as weird and I was off a lot due to my health so there were a lot of rumours going around about what was wrong with me and that only put people further off me. It was a very lonely time but compared to the 'friends' I lost who turned out to be bullies, being on my own was better. I still had friends outside of school but they sadly didn't go to the same school as me. I thankfully made some new school friends eventually but the alone time did suck, especially as I was still raw from the bullying but that was about 12 years ago now so its all water under the bridge now.

Sorry to hear that.
I was bullied too.
I hate bullies.
It just boils down to bad and disgusting behavior by those bullies.
Instead or behaving well and politely and nobly like us.
They behave like animals.

So how old are you now if it was 12 years ago?.
I am 24.
Original post by Ttingox
Sorry to hear that.
I was bullied too.
I hate bullies.
It just boils down to bad and disgusting behavior by those bullies.
Instead or behaving well and politely and nobly like us.
They behave like animals.

So how old are you now if it was 12 years ago?.
I am 24.

I am 24 too
Original post by Ttingox
Nice to know I am not the only one:smile:.
Although sorry you also had to go through it.
When you say college do you mean the UK college or the USA?.

UK sixth form college :smile:
Original post by RossB1702

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup!
What's that got to do with anything?
I was bullied by everyone (including the teachers!)
Reply 18
Original post by Leviathan1741
UK sixth form college :smile:

I see.
What exactly is this sixth form college, I never understood.

I am from the USA, and here it's 1st to 12th grade and then college which is university.

And how old are you by the way, i'm 24.
OP, are you me?

I'm in Year 13 now. I haven't done anything with anyone from sixth form outside of school ever, not once. Every lunch I sit on my own, on a table all on my own. There's this one guy I sit with occasionally when we both see each other, but that's probably once a week and we don't talk outside of sixth form.

Attachment not found

I am 95% Tomoko.

Latest