The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Yeah I went through something similar for a little while at secondary school when I had to move classes due to being bullied. Everyone took the bullies side and shunned me so for months I was hanging about alone in the library or would walk home at lunch since I lived 5 mins away. I was very quiet and people deemed me as weird and I was off a lot due to my health so there were a lot of rumours going around about what was wrong with me and that only put people further off me. It was a very lonely time but compared to the 'friends' I lost who turned out to be bullies, being on my own was better. I still had friends outside of school but they sadly didn't go to the same school as me. I thankfully made some new school friends eventually but the alone time did suck, especially as I was still raw from the bullying but that was about 12 years ago now so its all water under the bridge now.

Im in the same situation I used to be in a group that didnt like me much because we didnt have the same interests and I was really quiet and also had 'friends' who bullied me without my realisation. I eventually left them and now spend time on my own in the reading room. After leaving the group, I began to realise my grades improving because I was able to work hard without people asking me why I was learning (my old friendship group hated it when I was revising constantly). However, I've started to get tired of feeling lonely among the Year 7's in the reading room (I'm in Year11 now). How did you make the new friends as I'm currently struggling and I think people are so used to me being quiet. I participate in class, smile a lot, and talk to the people around me. I'm scared of asking if I can hang out with someone cuz I'm afraid of falling in bad company. How did you know if those people will be true friends who like you for who you are?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
OP, are you me?

I'm in Year 13 now. I haven't done anything with anyone from sixth form outside of school ever, not once. Every lunch I sit on my own, on a table all on my own. There's this one guy I sit with occasionally when we both see each other, but that's probably once a week and we don't talk outside of sixth form.

Attachment not found

I am 95% Tomoko.

I'm in the same situation but I don't want to sit on a table on my own cuz I don't want people to see me and laugh at me. My parents wanted me to try it and I did and people stared at me and laughed at me for being all alone. I really don't want to go back to my old friendship group because they were mean to me and made nasty comments about my physical features always asking when I was going to get braces and stuff like that. I got tired of them and left them cuz they made me feel inferior and that I depended on them. I'm currently in year 11 and have been on my own since Year 10. I'm trying to find someone with similar interests and goals as me but I cant find any academic person (I'm interested in academics, books and succeeding in life). Do you think I will eventually find someone with similar interests as me who will accept me for who I am?
Original post by Rocketship
This is literally me. I'm up this late because I couldn't stop thinking about my friend situation. I have friends (although I don't have a 'best' friend or a really close friend I can confide in about everything) but I don't have a 'squad' so I don't really have anyone to sit with at lunch - it's making me dread school tbh. My friends all have their own squads and I feel awkward being a hanger on and eating lunch with one of my friend's squads so I usually just spend most of my time in the computer room or something :-/ Most of the time I sit with a few people but having to search for people to sit with gives me anxiety and makes me dread lunch :frown:

When you say 'search' do you mean asking people randomly if you can hang out with them? I also spend all my breaks and lunch in the reading room revising but I will now like to sit with people but don't know how to approach them and if they would be nice people. I also don't have a 'squad' and dread having to go to school
Yeah, I am experiencing this right now. This happened to me when I was in Year 7 and now I am in Year 9. I am constantly alone at lunch times and break times. When we have to work in groups or pairs, I pretty much work by myself majority of the times, or I get forced to be in a group with people. There is this one person who I get on well with in my Maths Class, and that's about it. He is the only person that I actually talk to, but I wouldn't consider him as my friend.

At lunch time, all I do is just read books in the library. Books occupy me and it speeds up time, since I have nothing else to do. Sometimes, I do eat at lunch, but usually I don't.

I guess I don't mind having no friends, because I dislike most people at school.

I don't know why, but sometimes I feel uncomfortable talking to people, who I usually don't talk to, maybe it's because of my social anxiety.

There are some people who pick on me, but oh well.
(edited 5 years ago)
I can't believe it none of my so-called friends like me anymore i feel like i am no one in this world i sit alone during brakes.i wish i could at least have 4 friends but i dont
Reply 45
yes i feel like i'm standing there talking but i might as well not be because they act like i'm not there and ignore me when i speak.
Do you have a special room dedicated at breaka where students can play games and eat? I had one at my school.
Reply 47
Yes! I used to have a friend but then she went to hang out with some other kids so now I sit alone at break time watching kids play
Reply 48
4 year old thread..
I feel like this
Reply 50
I've lost all my friends and have litterally no friends left I've been looking for help in the Internet because I feel so isolated and different when 8 dint have people to talk to its been a 1 week and I've been in the school bathroom on my phone and tend to eat in there aswel since I grew up with friends and its just embbaresing for me to just walk around I think we just need to wait until the Wright person comes to us
Reply 51
Me rn
Feel free to speak to me 🙂

Latest

Trending

Trending