The Student Room Group

why do stingy/money obsessed people have children?

like why do they even bother?
theres so much of it nowadays, so many people are clinging hold of every penny and i understand why, the world is getting so expensive nowadays
everyone always seems to be in some sort of financial trouble and therefore you always hear 'can't, don't have the money' yet these are always the people who plan for or are desperate for a family

i don't understand it, if things are bad now what the heck makes them think its going to get any better when they have kids? have they not gotten the memo yet that kids cost the earth? i mean i don't have any kids but even i know they are expensive. i hear it from everyone, especially my own fam. my own family were the type who always struggled with money so what did they very cleverly decide to do - have another child of course!

and with each kid there was more whining and complaining about how broke they were

and now i'm getting this crap from my boyfriend too. super stingy always complains about everything, everytimes its either 'omg have you seen the price, i won't be able to afford it babe' or constant reminders that 'its the least you can do after all the amount i spent on it'(and hes usually only spent a small amount).

hes basically one of these similar types who always, always, always complains about money, its the only thing he basically complains about and obsesses over. even when we moved in he even had the nerve to try and tell me what i should spend my own wages on and wanted to try and take control of both our money but of course i didn't let that happen

so you'd think with his obsession to save the pennies the last thing he'd want is a kid but hes adamant to have one in the next couple of years.sooo damn infuriating, i mean i'm standing my ground but his logic is so annoying. don't want a huge wedding cos its a waste of money but wants several kids. i know he'll be just as annoying as my dad if we even had one kid, complains now, will complain 10000x more if a child came into the picture. he might even take his financial frustrations out on the child. why do people do this? why do serial stingy people want kids, do they think children are cheap or something?!
if they're married to a rich person it's usually this:
Eighteen years, eighteen years
She got one of yo kids got you for 18 years
I know somebody paying child support for one of his kids
His baby momma's car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV Any Given Sunday
Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was spose to buy ya shorty TYCO with ya money
She went to the doctor got lypo with ya money
She walking around looking like Micheal with ya money
Should of got that insured got GEICO for ya money
If you ain't no punk holla We Want Prenup
We want prenup!, yeah
It's something that you need to have
'Cause when she leave yo ass she gone leave with half
And on her eighteenth birthday he found out it wasn't his

lol
Original post by Rhaenys10
if they're married to a rich person it's usually this:
She got one of yo kids got you for 18 years
I know somebody paying child support for one of his kids
His baby momma's car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV Any Given Sunday
Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was spose to buy ya shorty TYCO with ya money
She went to the doctor got lypo with ya money
She walking around looking like Micheal with ya money
Should of got that insured got GEICO for ya money
If you ain't no punk holla We Want Prenup
We want prenup!, yeah
It's something that you need to have
'Cause when she leave yo ass she gone leave with half
And on her eighteenth birthday he found out it wasn't his

lol

DAMN SON! Can I trap you on one kid for 18 years?!
Sometimes biological imperative/drive overrides everything else.
I have 7 children. Had them all by choice. Money was sometimes tight. Loved every minute of it.
can I be the one to say stingy and money obsessed are very different OP as
stingy is just scrooge like hoard money with no aim of what to do
but money obsessed (like I am) is saving to buy the best that you can afford to live the real champagne lifestyle
so on the side of the money obsessed I want kids at some point so I can have someone to pass my fortune on to after I have shuffled my mortal coil
Reply 6
People are usually stingy towards others but not towards their own kids. Think you need a better choice of boyfriend if he wants kids from you but won't spend on you. As for your parents, they just made bad lifestyle choices it seems. I'm sure if they had money they would have given you the best life had to offer
Reply 7
Maybe they're stingy because they want to have money for their kids - maybe they think kids are worth spending money on.
I agree. My mum is like this and it really gets on my nerves, she'll list all the things she spent on me as a child and its just like well you could have avoided all that if you didn't have me???? I know that I wont have a child until I am financially stable enough to provide them with a happy life without having to worry about rent or bills or food. However I also understand why some people do have children when they can't afford one, it can be they accidentally got pregnant and did not want an abortion or they simply had really strong maternal instincts and during that time believed they would genuinely spend every penny on that child.
Most people want the best for their children, regardless of the circumstances of the birth. It is just not necessary to have pots and pots of money in order to provide for a child. Parents nowadays, and not necessarily young parents - are obsessed with having the latest of everything for their children. We were an average income family. My 7 children were all born by choice. They wanted for nothing. Sure there were times when things got tight, but I never discussed money or the lack of it around them. One of my sons said to me the other day when I showed him this thread, "Mum, never feel we didn't have enough. We had the best of both worlds, we were loved more than most kids, and we never went without, you can't ask more than that." It's all about priorities.
My parents are the same. It's like "Well, then why did you have two kids?" :colonhash:
They usually end up mega entitled and their kids have issues :lol:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
My parents are the same. It's like "Well, then why did you have two kids?" :colonhash:

Couldn t afford a two condoms😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhaenys10
Couldn t afford a two condoms😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheapskates. :biggrin:
Reply 14
Sounds like OP just wanted a rant about her boyfriend. Why don't you find someone you're more compatible with?

Quick Reply

Latest