The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
When did you apply?

I think either 30th September or 1st of October because my school has insanely early uni deadlines
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Bethanymrd
Hi! Currently studying Sociology, English Literature and Philosophy, applied to study BSc Social Science (Sandwich), got my offer last week!

Hi Bethany,

Congratulations on your offer! I'm a third year Psychology student here at Bath, so please feel free to quote me if you have any questions!

Beth
Original post by lawwannaB
I've for BSc Sociology- I've also applied for LSE, Bristol, Durham and Manchester. I would be really happy with offers from any of my choices, loved them all! Predicted A*A*A in Maths, Sociology and Fine Art!

Anyone else applying for sociology?

Hi,

It's great to hear that you have applied to study at Bath! Good luck, and please feel free to quote me if you have any questions!

Beth
I've for BSc Sociology- I've also applied for LSE, Bristol, Durham and Manchester. I would be really happy with offers from any of my choices, loved them all! Predicted A*A*A in Maths, Sociology and Fine Art!

Anyone else applying for sociology?

Why not oxford?
Original post by APersonYo
Why not oxford?

Didn't think I'd get in- plus I'm not overaly fond of the intake of people.
Didn't think I'd get in- plus I'm not overaly fond of the intake of people.

Why would you think you wouldn't get in? Your predicted grades are good.
Original post by APersonYo
Why would you think you wouldn't get in? Your predicted grades are good.

They're just predicted grades not actual grades aha. Anyway I'm really happy with my choices aha! Anyway, where are you applying and what for? :smile:
Hi! I'm currently studying Maths, History Politics and Economics to A2. Applied to Bath for Economics (with placement), am insanely worried about getting an offer because my heart is set on Bath!
Also applying to Oxford and Exeter. Have recieved offers from Surrey and Loughborough. :smile:
Original post by DeafeningSilence
Hi! I'm currently studying Maths, History Politics and Economics to A2. Applied to Bath for Economics (with placement), am insanely worried about getting an offer because my heart is set on Bath!
Also applying to Oxford and Exeter. Have recieved offers from Surrey and Loughborough. :smile:

When did you apply and when did you get your Surrey offer?

I applied on 12/10 and got my offer from Surrey on 14/10.
Original post by jamestg
When did you apply and when did you get your Surrey offer?

I applied on 12/10 and got my offer from Surrey on 14/10.

Applied 13/10 received an offer 15/10, very similar timelines haha!
Original post by DeafeningSilence
Applied 13/10 received an offer 15/10, very similar timelines haha!

Oooh okay!

Unis seems to have 'patterns'.

Bath takes around 10 days to get back, so hopefully I'll get reply tomorrow and you'll get one on Thursday!
Original post by jamestg
Oooh okay!

Bath takes around 10 days to get back, so hopefully I'll get reply tomorrow and you'll get one on Thursday!

Here's hoping!! Good luck in any case, is Bath your first choice?
I'm not sure about applying to Bath for chemical engineering. I have the grades, but this is what they sent me.
Original post by jamestg
Studying Maths, Politics and History to A2 (and also AEA Maths but I'm not really 'studying' for that)

Applied for Economics with Placement (hooray for 4 year degrees!)

I've also applied to Durham, Cambridge, Surrey and Warwick!

See you at Cambridge, Warwick or Bath! I replaced Durham with UCL so you got lucky :biggrin:
Original post by AnIndianGuy
See you at Cambridge, Warwick or Bath! I replaced Durham with UCL so you got lucky :biggrin:

Change it back UCL is overrated!!!!
Original post by AnIndianGuy

Actually one fewer applicant means less competition, 'enjoy' UCL :wink:
Original post by jamestg
Oooh okay!

FWIW - out of the 4 or so people from my school that have offers for Econ @ Bath, we all heard on Friday just past 5.
Original post by Bethanymrd
Hi! Currently studying Sociology, English Literature and Philosophy, applied to study BSc Social Science (Sandwich), got my offer last week!

Wow, and heres me thinking they only start sending offers to people after the UCAS deadline.I know i'm definitely on schedule to send my UCAS application way before the deadline, but seeing people already get offers is somewhat disconcerting haha.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cryptographic
FWIW - out of the 4 or so people from my school that have offers for Econ @ Bath, we all heard on Friday just past 5.

When did everyone apply though?
Original post by jamestg
Change it back UCL is overrated!!!!

Loool I live in London so it's in case I don't wanna move out. Manchester is my only offer which doesn't require A* A A or above

Quick Reply

Latest