The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Some information about The Open University??

I just found out about this and honestly I'm so shocked.
It's an online university so you can do your work whilst studying, it's cheaper than attending an actual university and the student satisfaction is very high. WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE CONSIDERING IT AS AN OPTION?
Original post by ew_its_nicola
It's an online university so you can do your work whilst studying, it's cheaper than attending an actual university and the student satisfaction is very high. WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE CONSIDERING IT AS AN OPTION?

If you can't travel to university, you have work or family commitments or you can't access student loans then the OU is a good option. But not everyone can or wants to study independently; it is hard and often lonely work. The OU is a great institution, but it isn't for everyone.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2

Because it's ****
Original post by bigwang
Because it's ****

Says who? OU graduates are generally respected for their independence and if employers don't turn their noses up, I don't think anyone on the student room can.

I totally agree, more people should definitely consider it. I certainly am. Some people would feel they were missing out on the student lifestyle I guess, but for me, that's a plus (introvert problems...)
Reply 5

They have over 170k students so plenty of people are considering it.

Quick Reply

Latest