The Student Room Group

The Mixed Martial Arts Society

Scroll to see replies

ForeverIsMyName
The first two rounds were Hamills... no way Bisping won that fight, even though I was cheering for him. Didn't get to see any fights other than that...

*Looks for fights on Youtube*

Sorry to go off topic gentlemen, but I'd just like to send out a massive congratulations on how good a job you've done in setting up this soc - it's very strong and running well. :smile: I take my hat off to you sir. :top2:
Hubert Poo
Sorry to go off topic gentlemen, but I'd just like to send out a massive congratulations on how good a job you've done in setting up this soc - it's very strong and running well. :smile: I take my hat off to you sir. :top2:

Thanks! Want to join?
LOL @ Bisping after round 2 - "I CAN'T ****ING STAND HIM!" The man has the coolest voice/accent in MMA.
I'm not a big enough fan, besides my soc panel is full. Though I did want to mention just how good a job you've done in setting it up. :smile:
Hey Burningnun!

Tht clip (posted above) wouldn't be Kevin Randelman nearly ko'ing Fedor now would it :wink:

When you reckon Fedor will sign?

Will Cro Cop now have to fight Jeff Monson?
Scott Storch
Hey Burningnun!

Tht clip (posted above) wouldn't be Kevin Randelman nearly ko'ing Fedor now would it :wink:

It better be soon, as I understand it there have been some disagreements between the two parties over Fedor competing in Sambo and the promotion of MMA in Russia.

I hope they hurry up and get the negotiations done with soon, there would be so many awesome fights if he does sign...

I'm still a Crocop nuthugger but jeez... whats up with the guy, looks like he's lost all heart to fight. :frown:
Scott Storch
Hey Burningnun!

In his dreams did he nearly KO Fedor :smile:

Cro Cop has a broken rib. Word has it he needed lots of physio on his ankle after the GG fight. I would love to see the Cro Cop that fought like a champion to beat Wandy and hang with Fedor, but he will need lots of recovery time. Apparently Fedor suggested he would need a year out after the GG fight. Looks like Mirko should have trusted in Fedor. If he ever gets back to his best I want to see him fight Fedor again.
burningnun
In his dreams did he nearly KO Fedor :smile:

Cro Cop has a broken rib. Word has it he needed lots of physio on his ankle after the GG fight. I would love to see the Cro Cop that fought like a champion to beat Wandy and hang with Fedor, but he will need lots of recovery time. Apparently Fedor suggested he would need a year out after the GG fight. Looks like Mirko should have trusted in Fedor. If he ever gets back to his best I want to see him fight Fedor again.

We can hope.

Forrest Griffin is going to get pasted in UFC 76 :s-smilie: Tis a shame cos hes a nice bloke. I really like watching shogun fight though.

"In Fedor we Trust".
burningnun
LOL @ Bisping after round 2 - "I CAN'T ****ING STAND HIM!" The man has the coolest voice/accent in MMA.

I think he actually said 'he's ****ing standing" in reference to Hamill not taking him to the ground, but standing up and trading punches with him
Veil of Maya
We can hope.

Forrest Griffin is going to get pasted in UFC 76 :s-smilie: Tis a shame cos hes a nice bloke. I really like watching shogun fight though.

"In Fedor we Trust".

Haven't you been watching the UFC for the past year? You can never guess the winner of these fights

Forrest Griffin might get pasted, but he could also knock Shogun the **** out.....
I'd love to see Shogun fight Rampage again. I think Shogun will beat Griffin.

Shogan destroyed Rampage in Pride!

Whats with Houston Alexander lmao? Talk about a ****ing legend already. I'd give him a title shot already lol.

I can't believe the 2 times I have seen Cro Cop fight in the flesh he has lost both ****ing times. I think he is past it perhaps, then again Randy Coutore is like 10 years older and still owning fighters 10 years younger than him.

Who do you think Cro Cop will fight next? Jeff Monson perhaps?
Scott Storch
I'd love to see Shogun fight Rampage again. I think Shogun will beat Griffin.

Shogan destroyed Rampage in Pride!

Whats with Houston Alexander lmao? Talk about a ****ing legend already. I'd give him a title shot already lol.

I can't believe the 2 times I have seen Cro Cop fight in the flesh he has lost both ****ing times. I think he is past it perhaps, then again Randy Coutore is like 10 years older and still owning fighters 10 years younger than him.

Who do you think Cro Cop will fight next? Jeff Monson perhaps?

1) 90% Shogun > Griffin by TKO, 10% Forrest by Dec.
2) Houston 'Megadome' Alexander is pretty brutal... haha, shame about the size of his head, big target.
3) CroCop should fight O'Brien, Heath Herring or some TUF alum... 3 more fights he has left on his contract, he needs one can, one decent fighter, then a shot at the title, IMO.
JordanLUFC
I think he actually said 'he's ****ing standing" in reference to Hamill not taking him to the ground, but standing up and trading punches with him

Nah, he sounded angry. A striker wouldn't be angry with a grappler for standing up with him, nor would he admit that the other guy was superior halfway through a fight, especially since in round 2 Bisping was much better on his feet than in round 1. It's pretty academic what he said, but he's the only person who can have a whiny voice and actually sound cool.
Reply 93
Cro Cop won't be fighting for a long time, we'll have to wait at least another six months, he's got three fights left on his contract.

Maybe we'll see Nogueira face Arlovski, this would give both of them a chance to get into the big picture. Both of them are on a two fight win streak.
burningnun
Nah, he sounded angry. A striker wouldn't be angry with a grappler for standing up with him, nor would he admit that the other guy was superior halfway through a fight, especially since in round 2 Bisping was much better on his feet than in round 1. It's pretty academic what he said, but he's the only person who can have a whiny voice and actually sound cool.

Much better perhaps, but Hamill was still beating him in the stand up... that's why he said it
Essence™
Cro Cop won't be fighting for a long time, we'll have to wait at least another six months, he's got three fights left on his contract.

Maybe we'll see Nogueira face Arlovski, this would give both of them a chance to get into the big picture. Both of them are on a two fight win streak.

Arlovski should fight Randy, and Nog should fight the winner, and the winner should fight Fedor.

Then Fedor should fight Chris Leben.

I dunno why, I just don't like him.
Your saying Arlovski gets a title shot straight away lol?

The dude can't even beat Tim Sylvia!!
Reply 97
arlovski won't get a shot. Given the time it's going to take randy to heel up Fedor might have signed by then. Arlovski just isn't marketable right now coming of a lacklustre decision against werdum. There aren't really many marketable guys in the heavyweight division. You've got Brandon Vera but they won't throw him to the lions yet they're trying to build him up. Nogueria is the best qualified contender but the UFC still have half a mind to signing fedor and then if Nog beats Randy you can't market fedor vs randy as the biggest fight of all time and nog vs fedor 4 as it will be by then just wouldn't be worth it. So i think the heavyweight belt should sit on ice for a while to see if fedor comes into the ufc.
Scott Storch
Your saying Arlovski gets a title shot straight away lol?

The dude can't even beat Tim Sylvia!!

Lik Hallman/Hughes, Hoost/Sapp and others, the man who won twice was not the better fighter, in my mind.
Randy/Gonzaga

Choosing Gonzaga over Couture...you blasphemer.

Anyhow, my top 5 MMA current fighters, pound for pound.

Randy
GSP
Franklin
Spider
Jackson

Quick Reply

Latest