The Student Room Group

Please help me someone...going mad here!!

I applied to do Psychology and Politics at University of Dundee which required BBBB. I attained ABBD which meant I did not meet the requirement.

I assumed that this meant I would be automatically entered into Clearing. However, when logging onto UCAS Track this morning I noticed that nothing had been updated since July 4 and that my application had not yet been rejected.

I called the University and they told me it was because they hadn't received all of my results and asked me to bring in a copy of my exam results to be photocopied and given to the faculties to which I applied in order for a decision to made on whether or not to accept me.

The guy I went to see to get the photocopies done knew nothing about how long the process would take.

Does anyone know what will happen next and how quickly I will receive a response, as I would really like to be released into Clearing should they not lower the requirement of the course for me? How long does this sort of thing normally take?

This is really stressing me out cos I'm worried that as a result of this I will miss the opportunity to get on another course through Clearing because the decisions on my Firm and Insurance choices are still pending.

Please advise me someone!!
Reply 1
Is the course you're waiting on in Clearing? If it is, it's most unlikely they are going to turn you down unless the D is in a critical subject. They should realise that a quick decision is needed, so I would suggest waiting until late morning tomorrow and then very politely ringing them to find out what's happening. Track takes a while to update sometimes so you will get a quicker answer by contacting them direct (also shows you are committed and proactive). If they have turned you down, you can then start ringing round tomorrow afternoon. And if they haven't made a decision you can (ever so nicely but firmly) ask for clarification as to WHEN - exactly - they will make it. This is not unreasonable.
You only missed your offer by a grade really, which isn't a lot, so unless the course is really competitive or the D was in the subject you applied for, I'd say you still have a good chance of being accepted. I have no idea how long this will take, I'm afraid, but it shouldn't be more than a few days. If you haven't heard anything by the end of today, phone them tomorrow morning and see if they've made their decision. If not, explain that you might be going through Clearing, therefore need a quick answer, and ask when you can expect a decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending