Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girlfriend wanted a breakup

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Although this was my third relationship, I treat it very seriously. I am 18 this year. First and second happened at 14. I would classify as puppy love. And this was my current girlfriend's first relationship.

We had been with each other for 2.5weeks. Although the time may be very short. But I really love her. She meant a lot to me. She gave me inspitation and motivation to move foward. I foresee the future when I am with her.

She asked me : Am I the better than your ex?
    I said : "you're incomparable. Irreplaceable now and always"
    She said : how do you compare.
    I answered : I do not really compare but I appreciates everything you did for me.

And then she starts typing "okay" repetitively. And she seemed to be angry. Then she asked for a breakup.
    Help me please. I don't want to break up with her

Its not meant to be. You're only 18, move on and find someone else

2.5 weeks is literally nothing.. I don't know how you can feel love in that time and see a future and 18 aswell.. move on

Your girlfriend sounds quite dense if she wants a breakup over that. She probably wanted to do it anyway because no one asks "am I better than your ex?". Break up with her.

Wowowowowowow.... are you sure you're 18?

Why would you think you're in love after 2.5 weeks? And what exactly is a 0.5 of a week? 3 days? 4?

This whole situation is so dumb. You girlfriend sounds really petty and silly and maybe she's breaking up with you to see if you'll chase after her? Which tbh, is bad too.

Idk mate, find yourself a sane girlfriend.

And if you don't want to break up, chase after her, that's probably what she wants.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.