The Student Room Group

[HELP!] Applying for Medicine with foundation year

I am a year 13 student and I study A-level chemistry, biology and psychology at sixth form. My sixth form isn't that good and I live in a deprived area.

I was considering applying a medicine course with a foundation year.

My problem is that I tried to register to do the UKCAT test before applying to universities that do the 6 year course, such as KCL and Southampton.

However the deadline to register UKCAT was 21st September (a few days ago). I won't be able to do the UKCAT test until next year (2017).

Nonetheless, I have applied to do a medicine course with a foundation year at Lancaster - so I can sit BMATs.

I need some guidance on what I should do. Should I apply medicine with a foundation year at Lancaster and my other options I choose something like biomedical science?

Or take a gap year and gain voluntary experience and then register the UKCAT test and apply medicine with a foundation year in other universities such as KCL, Southampton and Bristol?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi there.
I'm applying for medicine with Foundation Year as well. Unfortunately all/most of the universities I know require the UKCAT test results. I'm afraid you only resort is to apply to universities that require the bmat instead or by contacting UKCAT directly and trying to arrange for a test. (This will be highly unlikely and you won't have enough time to prepare for the test).
Good luck. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending