The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes you are. Don't worry, I doubt it's because you're Scottish, they just probably don't like you because of your personality.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
ec1
OP
You're not very nice!You're probably one of them!
Reply 3
I'm not very nice, no, and yes I am, we're everywhere and everyone loves us.
Reply 4
ec1
OP
That's very nice for you that you are so self absorbed that you think that. Now, go away and spend your father's money.
Reply 5
I would, but it's 1am. You go away.
Reply 6
ec1
OP
That reply must have taken a lot of thought! Clearly being rich doesn't help your intelligence.
Yah Yah Yah!!! :p:
Reply 8
Well I'm sorry I've brutally shattered your illusions about that.
Reply 9
Look, shut up, my computer's slow.
Reply 10
ec1
OP
hermaphrodite
Yah Yah Yah!!! :p:

Yes! A fellow yah hater!
Reply 11
Oh good for you. You should get together, do some fun things.
Reply 12
Hahahaha, this has got to be the funniest conversation ever on the student room, yahs are just other people, its not based on wether there posh or not, if there good people it shouldn't really matter!
Grow up.
Reply 14
I agree that this is hilarious.

What amuses me most is that everyone seems to openly accept that "yah's" are a clearly defined group of people at Edinburgh?
I'm joining in September and whilst I am definately not a "yah" I think they're probs quite a good larf.
wtf is a yah? Is that like a ned but not really? More posh maybe? Sorry I'm gonna have to spend a good week converting from scouse to Edinburghian (what do you call the Edinburgh dialect anyway?).
Reply 16
grammar_king
wtf is a yah? Is that like a ned but not really? More posh maybe? Sorry I'm gonna have to spend a good week converting from scouse to Edinburghian (what do you call the Edinburgh dialect anyway?).

:love:

brilliance
Reply 17
grammar_king

Well, you are the grammar king :cool:

As for posh neds, I'm in the dark on this as well :laugh:
grammar_king
wtf is a yah?

I'm sorry, I'm American and even I could figure out what that meant. Here we call them 'preps'. urbandictionary definition
Oh ok, here they're just posh ******s.

Latest

Trending

Trending