The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by PQ
If you email [email protected] asap with the additional qualifications and then notify your universities that you misunderstood UCAS guidance and have added your original grades to your application then nothing will happen to you.

If you don't disclose your grades then there is a small risk that your application could be damaged. It depends very much which courses and universities you've applied for and is impossible to predict if you've chosen choices that will be particularly harsh in cases where an applicant has withheld information. The chances of being found out are high - the chances of your choices being harsh are low - but the consequences are severe and there's no downside to putting in the information you were requested.

Thanks so much I also spoke to ucas sent off the addition info, My heart need relax now. Thanks again for your help!
Hi,
I'm about to submit my application but I want to make sure that I entered my results in correctly...
I did take a few resist for both GCSE and AS/A2.

At GCSE I re-sat a single module to up my Additional Science grade. However, before resisting, my school cashed in my marks and I received the final grade on a certificate. I now have 2 certificates with the different grades. - Both these need to be entered into UCAS.

For AS/A2 I re-sat a few separate modules for different subjects (re-submitted biology coursework) and such. However, my grades were only cashed in at the end and I only have certificates for either the whole A2 or the subjects that I completed to AS. - Do I just enter those overall grades or do I need to also need to declare something about the resists? (I never re-sat the whole A-level).

Thanks!
Original post by StripedPenguin
Hi,
I'm about to submit my application but I want to make sure that I entered my results in correctly...
I did take a few resist for both GCSE and AS/A2.

At GCSE I re-sat a single module to up my Additional Science grade. However, before resisting, my school cashed in my marks and I received the final grade on a certificate. I now have 2 certificates with the different grades. - Both these need to be entered into UCAS.

For AS/A2 I re-sat a few separate modules for different subjects (re-submitted biology coursework) and such. However, my grades were only cashed in at the end and I only have certificates for either the whole A2 or the subjects that I completed to AS. - Do I just enter those overall grades or do I need to also need to declare something about the resists? (I never re-sat the whole A-level).

Thanks!
You only need to declare the cashed in results.
Reply 263
Hi,
I'm applying to UCAS after switching courses, meaning I was at university and then dropped out now I'm applying for something else, I can't find a way to add that to the UCAS education section? How do I add that I attended university?
Thanks
Original post by haching
Hi,
I'm applying to UCAS after switching courses, meaning I was at university and then dropped out now I'm applying for something else, I can't find a way to add that to the UCAS education section? How do I add that I attended university?
Thanks
Use the 'my school/college isn't listed here' option and take it from there.
Reply 265
Original post by Minerva
Use the 'my school/college isn't listed here' option and take it from there.

Thanks! and would I need to add my module results there too?
Original post by haching
Thanks! and would I need to add my module results there too?
It would be sensible. See here for how to do it.
Hi I wondered if anyone could help me...
I submitted my application in October 2015. When I was filling out UCAS, I entered my AS level results (including module results), and put that I had achieved them in August 2015 (which I did). However, there was a question after this which said, "For AS subjects please enter when you plan to 'certificate' your AS". I didn't really understand this question - I assumed it meant when I would receive certificates for my AS results. I thought the school would give these at the end of Year 13, so I put 'August 2016'. But then a few weeks after I submitted my application to my universities, the school gave us our AS certificates.
I am worrying now that the universities will see a contradiction in my application (the fact that I said I had got my AS results in August 2015, but they will be certificated at the end of year 13 i.e. August 2016) and maybe think I am resitting or something (which I am not).
...does this even matter???
Thanks in advance
For maths and further maths, we did AS maths and AS fm in year 12. And A2 maths and A2 further maths in year 13. But I think the qualifications for the two were cashed in at the end of year 13. So on my UCAS form for the AS qualifications maths and further maths should I put in 2015 in stead of 2014?
Reply 269
I'm retaking a single module from my Computing A-Level this summer. On UCAS, should I enter the whole A-Level as 'Pending', or should I also list the modules to make it clear which one I'm retaking, and what modules I'm 'keeping'?
Original post by jay_em
I'm retaking a single module from my Computing A-Level this summer. On UCAS, should I enter the whole A-Level as 'Pending', or should I also list the modules to make it clear which one I'm retaking, and what modules I'm 'keeping'?

You do either, but if you are going to list all the modules on one subject, you should do so for all your subjects. Once all appeals etc are over, the only enduring information about your results is the overall grade shown on each certificate, and that is the only formal information passed to the universities by UCAS.
Reply 271
Original post by Holmstock
You do either, but if you are going to list all the modules on one subject, you should do so for all your subjects. Once all appeals etc are over, the only enduring information about your results is the overall grade shown on each certificate, and that is the only formal information passed to the universities by UCAS.

Right, thanks.

Do you think there's much need to enter the individual grade modules? My personal statement does mention that I'm just retaking the one exam.
Original post by Phoebus Apollo
Hi I wondered if anyone could help me...
I submitted my application in October 2015. When I was filling out UCAS, I entered my AS level results (including module results), and put that I had achieved them in August 2015 (which I did). However, there was a question after this which said, "For AS subjects please enter when you plan to 'certificate' your AS". I didn't really understand this question - I assumed it meant when I would receive certificates for my AS results. I thought the school would give these at the end of Year 13, so I put 'August 2016'. But then a few weeks after I submitted my application to my universities, the school gave us our AS certificates.
I am worrying now that the universities will see a contradiction in my application (the fact that I said I had got my AS results in August 2015, but they will be certificated at the end of year 13 i.e. August 2016) and maybe think I am resitting or something (which I am not).
...does this even matter???
Thanks in advance
If you are worried, email your choices to clarify the position.
The tutor overseeing my application is pretty confident that I don't need to declare an "E" grade AS qualification on my application and that my GCSE grade in the subject is more than enough to show my proficiency. I told them that I need to declare all of my grades, but they responded by telling me it was just "scaremongering".

The teacher is quite experienced and has been overseeing UCAS applications for years. What's the deal? Clearly there is some incentive for not declaring the grade, but according to the information here it appears to be a risky tactic. So why is my tutor so lax about declaring grades?
Original post by Buonaparte
The tutor overseeing my application is pretty confident that I don't need to declare an "E" grade AS qualification on my application and that my GCSE grade in the subject is more than enough to show my proficiency. I told them that I need to declare all of my grades, but they responded by telling me it was just "scaremongering".

The teacher is quite experienced and has been overseeing UCAS applications for years. What's the deal? Clearly there is some incentive for not declaring the grade, but according to the information here it appears to be a risky tactic. So why is my tutor so lax about declaring grades?

The rules about declaring all grades have been tightened up over the last few years (they were always there but after 2012 universities got different funding for students with lower grades and the funding agency linked student data to exam board records beyond the links provided by UCAS - when universities realised how many applicants were withholding information they had been asked to declare they demanded that UCAS tighten up the guidance and warn applicants that withheld information makes their application technically invalid and will be detected after enrolling ).

A lot of teachers haven't caught up and are still advising their pupils to sign the UCAS declaration when they've knowingly withheld information.

All I can recommend is that you direct your tutor to the first post on this thread and to http://ucasonline.blogspot.com/2013/08/entering-levels-and-as-levels-on-your.html?showComment=1394450179543&m=1#c2492039501463336169 (the comment from 10 March 2014 is crystal clear).

If they still insist you submit without the AS then do it and email [email protected] with the details as soon as UCAS inform you that your application has been processed (and send a quick email to your choices to let them know that you've added on the AS after applying as your referee advised you to withhold it. With luck your universities will then give your referee a good talking to about giving potentially damaging advice.
Thanks for the timely advice, that clears things up.
Reply 276
hi everyone, so basically i achieved B in my overall a level last year, so this year im retaking one AS unit to boost this grade.

When declaring my qualifications do I put my original grades in and then AS 2016-pending or put pending for both as and a level as my a level grade will change if i get a high enough mark. Or will they know this is the case even if my A level grade is shown as 2015 -B.

Also, for the attendance in the new centre do I put June 2016-June 2016 as this is when the exam is. Thanks in advance
hi everyone, i left school last year and taking a gap year, in my a levels i got C in english literature and B in Geography along with D*. i dropped maths (C) and Spanish (E) at AS.

at as geography at got a c but resat one of the modules this year and on my certificate it says Advanced Geography B and then underneath line it says Advanced Subsiduary B

does this mean i need to put in my results
A level gegraphy - B aug 2015
As Geography - B - aug 2015
as Geography - c - 2014????????

just seen it and really stressing, i also did a foundation maths paper in year 9 when we were going to do modular maths but in year 10 we chose to do linear and just did 2 higher papers at the end of the years so do i need to put this one foundation module paper in? and if so where becuase i dont have certificate for it :/
Reply 278
Original post by MedievalWitch
hi everyone, i left school last year and taking a gap year, in my a levels i got C in english literature and B in Geography along with D*. i dropped maths (C) and Spanish (E) at AS.

at as geography at got a c but resat one of the modules this year and on my certificate it says Advanced Geography B and then underneath line it says Advanced Subsiduary B

does this mean i need to put in my results
A level gegraphy - B aug 2015
As Geography - B - aug 2015
as Geography - c - 2014????????

Yes.
Original post by MedievalWitch

just seen it and really stressing, i also did a foundation maths paper in year 9 when we were going to do modular maths but in year 10 we chose to do linear and just did 2 higher papers at the end of the years so do i need to put this one foundation module paper in? and if so where becuase i dont have certificate for it :/

If you never got a certificate, it wasn't cashed in so you don't need to put it down.
Hi i resat my economics for AS in A2 after getting a C. I resat both exams and did better in one but worse in the other. If I just use my grades from the resit I have a D but if I use my best results from both years it is a C. Obviosuly have to enter the C from first year AS, and obviously the rest grade however i don't know if the resit one is considered a C or a D. (Confused because I'm pretty sure when you re-sit they take your best grades, therefore if surely it would take the better grade from AS in year one and the better from the one in year 2, creating an overall C).

Many thanks for any help

Latest

Trending

Trending