The Student Room Group

is there any High accurate gyroscope and accelerometer available in 2016 ?

i want to calculate the position of a object which in-belted with acclerometer and gyroscope and magnetometer so i want a accurate position of an object with less accuracy (eg: less than 0.5 cm(error)), i just tried in internet to find solution but i found everything is old accelerometer and gyroscope i couldn't find anything less than 1 cm of error accuracy (accelerometer).
Original post by Arulprasath
i want to calculate the position of a object which in-belted with acclerometer and gyroscope and magnetometer so i want a accurate position of an object with less accuracy (eg: less than 0.5 cm(error)), i just tried in internet to find solution but i found everything is old accelerometer and gyroscope i couldn't find anything less than 1 cm of error accuracy (accelerometer).
What do you mean by 1cm of error accuracy for an accelerometer?

High accuracy Ring-Laser Gyroscopes and Accelerometers are used in military and civil aviation applications. These devices are restricted technology and would need licencing approval from the appropriate government agency.

In any event, even if you could somehow procure the necessary licences, the cost of each device will be prohibitively expensive. (many tens of thousands of pounds).

Are you sure accelerometers and gyroscopes are the only solution to your problem?

What are you trying to do?
(edited 7 years ago)
I *guess* you're attempting to do dead reckoning by integrating accelerometer measurements??

A large supplier of low cost accelerometers for consumer electronics and embedded systems is NXP http://www.nxp.com/products/sensors/accelerometers:biggrin:RSNSAXLRTN so see if you can select a product with their data sheets

electronic hardware depends on mass production to keep costs down - if you require a precision greatly in excess of the mass market, there probably won't be an off-the-shelf component for your application.
Reply 3
Original post by uberteknik
What do you mean by 1cm of error accuracy for an accelerometer?

High accuracy Ring-Laser Gyroscopes and Accelerometers are used in military and civil aviation applications. These devices are restricted technology and would need licencing approval from the appropriate government agency.

In any event, even if you could somehow procure the necessary licences, the cost of each device will be prohibitively expensive. (many tens of thousands of pounds).

Are you sure accelerometers and gyroscopes are the only solution to your problem?

What are you trying to do?

Thank for reply,

1. Yes i'm sure by using acclerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer we can measure the position of object (robot) if there is any commercial product , it's most welcome.

2. In other case, i'm looking for more and more accurate sensors acclerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer which available in resent days (2016)..
Reply 4
Original post by Joinedup
I *guess* you're attempting to do dead reckoning by integrating accelerometer measurements??

A large supplier of low cost accelerometers for consumer electronics and embedded systems is NXP http://www.nxp.com/products/sensors/accelerometers:biggrin:RSNSAXLRTN so see if you can select a product with their data sheets

electronic hardware depends on mass production to keep costs down - if you require a precision greatly in excess of the mass market, there probably won't be an off-the-shelf component for your application.

Thank for reply,

1. Yes i'm looking for commercial product which can able to measure an exact positions of object (robot) without GPS and GSM system.

2. In other case, i'm looking for more and more accurate sensors acclerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer which available in resent days (2016)..

Quick Reply

Latest