Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Will Student Finance Fully Fund My Course?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys,

    I previously studied a foundation course at University however, I failed to complete this degree. A Foundation course is 4 years at university. I know that student finance give you 3 years of financing and 1 year gift year should you fail. Seeing as my course was a 4 year course I have already used up two years of financing. I was unable to participate in retakes as I had personal problems in my life at the time. I was thinking to go back to university for a 3 year course or study a HND course which is a 2 year course with the option of topping up to make this a degree. Would student finance fund my course for the first two years? I'm unemployed and my family don't earn enough to fund my course. What can I do? I would like to go back and finish what I once started.

    Any help would be much appreciated.


    Student finance actually give you:
    Length of course + 1 - previous years study.

    Because of your personal problems, you may qualify for compelling personal reasons, which means that the years funding you've received can be ignored.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.