Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever done this? Sick of being incompetant

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I really wanted to go to a sport taster session at uni as i have no friends/think id enjoy it and all that. I set out today nice and early as it was an hour and half away, got stuck in traffic and then when i got there couldnt find it. My sat nav didnt recongise the street so i got lost on some estate. I just thought i cant turn ip half an hour late so went back home. I feel so annoyed and incompetant. Have you ever done this? I did email the student in charge the day before but she only sent an email an hour before the event saying they were meeting at the uni by then i was on my way there in the car. Have you ever done this?

no...but I've certainly been late to things- like REALLY late. Is it not possible to go to another/ or go to the next one?

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    no...but I've certainly been late to things- like REALLY late. Is it not possible to go to another/ or go to the next one?
    No, the trials/picking the team is next week. I dont even know the rules to the sport fully lol. Maybe i should have just been really late then instead of comming all the way back home

Wasnt there a number for you to phone someone? I would have got there late you did spend an hour and a half driving there i would not have gone back home. Next time just park somewhere and ask someone to give you directions.

I tend to plan things. I would have one anyway. Join as a reserve. You cna do soem research on the rules. As with most societys the challenge is to keep going even though it can be awkward at first.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.