The Student Room Group

Any medical students who did bad in their GCSE's? But still got into Uni?

Anyone studying medicine at university who did below "average" in GCSE's?

If so, please state your:
GCSE results overall:
AS results:
Predicted grades:
Alevel results:
Ukcat/Bmat:

And what you did to help make up for it: (possibly the university you applied to)

This just a thead to motivate students into think that its still posible to apply for medicine :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Guess not lol
Reply 2
I was literally going to ask the same question lool
Apparently not. Figures though, med is pretty competitive. You need at least 5A*s according to some, though all of the people I know entered with 9-12 A*s :/
Reply 4
Original post by shohaib712

GCSE results overall:
AS results:
Predicted grades:
Alevel results:
Ukcat/Bmat:

And what you did to help make up for it: (possibly the university you applied to)

This just a thead to motivate students into think that its still posible to apply for medicine :biggrin:

If you dont mind me asking how did you do in your gcses?
Reply 5

GCSE results overall:
AS results:
Predicted grades:
Alevel results:
Ukcat/Bmat:

Original post by airportsh8me
Apparently not. Figures though, med is pretty competitive. You need at least 5A*s according to some, though all of the people I know entered with 9-12 A*s :/

Damn! I'm still going to try and apply though :tongue:
Original post by lily.b9

1A*, 3A's, 5B's. What about you?

Good! Don't let that discourage you :biggrin: Just get some bombass A level results and good luck xx
Reply 9

7AS and 2BS :frown: were you happy with your results?

Lol i'm still going to apply to because tbh there isn't a lot of uni's who are heavy weighted on GCSE's they are more on A-levels :smile: I know so many people that are still apply with low gcse results :smile: :h:
Good! Don't let that discourage you :biggrin: Just get some bombass A level results and good luck xx

If you do great in your A-level and not so well in your gcse will this be ok ? :s-smilie:
I know someone who got 5A* and 5A's and got into medicine but she got amazing ALEVEL results - 1A*,2A's :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
If you do great in your A-level and not so well in your gcse will this be ok ? :s-smilie:

Should be :smile: After all it's A level grades that they look at first when you apply. Don't worry to much hun, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Should be :smile: After all it's A level grades that they look at first when you apply. Don't worry to much hun, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

Aw thank you :h:
Reply 15
Original post by nisha.sri
Lol i'm still going to apply to because tbh there isn't a lot of uni's who are heavy weighted on GCSE's they are more on A-levels :smile: I know so many people that are still apply with low gcse results :smile: :h:

I need to be more optimistic ffs, which ones arent gcse heavy??
Reply 16

which subjects you taking?

You're perfectly fine, as long as you don't apply to GCSE heavy medical schools.
Original post by lily.b9
7AS and 2BS :frown: were you happy with your results?

Not really lol I wanted to remark two of them but the deadline has already been met :frown:. Those are amazing results - im sure they will put you in a good advantage
Reply 19
Not really lol I wanted to remark two of them but the deadline has already been met :frown:. Those are amazing results - im sure they will put you in a good advantage

thanks but i got told that the average med applicant has a minium of 6A*s at gcses

Quick Reply

Latest