The Student Room Group

Student finance help

Hey guys, I've applied for student finance as a third year student recently and just saw that my loan has lowered compared to last year by a large amount. Nothing has changed at home income or with me. I just sent in house-income forms. So is there a chance that my loan will change when they proceed my house-income information?

Also, why is it that the grant takes longer than the loan? I still don't see anything about receiving a grant which hasn't taken this long in previous 2 years.

Thank you!
The loan is lower in your final year.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
The loan is lower in your final year.

Pretty sure it's lower, but reduced my a small amount. For example, my friends loan is reduced me £200-300 whilst my one is reduced by £1100 compared to last year.
Reply 3
Original post by SOscar44
I just sent in house-income forms. So is there a chance that my loan will change when they proceed my house-income information?

Also, why is it that the grant takes longer than the loan? I still don't see anything about receiving a grant which hasn't taken this long in previous 2 years.

Thank you!

If you've only just sent in your household income info, then I would inagine you have thus far only got the non-income assessed part of the Maintenance payments - the minimum Maintenance Loan and no Grant. The income-assessed parts (more Loan and the Grant) will only be awarded when your household income info has been processed.

Phone SF to check, just to be sure.*

Quick Reply

Latest