The Student Room Group

fear of being fat:(

Recently I haven't been able to stop eating I'm not overweight I know that but I'm scared I will be soon I have gained 5 pounds over the past few weeks, I can feel my jeans getting tighter. I don't want to get fat, nothing wrong with it, if your happy with your body be happy, I just don't want to be. Any advice for me to stop overeating thanks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Drink water , it stops urges to eat
Just compensate for it, you're gaining weight from being in a calorie surplus so do some cardio and get yourself back to maintenance level

Original post by idontknowmedoyou
Recently I haven't been able to stop eating I'm not overweight I know that but I'm scared I will be soon I have gained 5 pounds over the past few weeks, I can feel my jeans getting tighter. I don't want to get fat, nothing wrong with it, if your happy with your body be happy, I just don't want to be. Any advice for me to stop overeating thanks?
If you're hungry, have a drink of water. Then another. Stay hydrated. If you're still hungry, eat something (something small).
Is working out on an empty stomach bad for you?

Spoiler

Either control the amount you consume by counting your calories or do some additional exercise or both.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Is working out on an empty stomach bad for you?

Spoiler

Low intensity cardio is fine (so anything over 3 reps amirite lads waheeeey up top), like walking.

Much higher intensity and you're more likely to metabolise your muscle, as it's faster energy than fat.
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
Low intensity cardio is fine (so anything over 3 reps amirite lads waheeeey up top), like walking.

Much higher intensity and you're more likely to metabolise your muscle, as it's faster energy than fat.

S*** no wonder I feel sick now...

I was working out my core for 30 mins today straight (With one 5 minute break)...
S*** no wonder I feel sick now...

I was working out my core for 30 mins today straight (With one 5 minute break)...

OK if you weren't doing deadlifts, planks or some kind of squat, then why did you spend 30 minutes doing isolation work?
(edited 7 years ago)
OK if you weren't doing deadlifts, planks or some kind of squat, then why did you spend 30 minutes doing isolation work?

Less than 30 mins, that was an exaggeration... like 20 mins ish...
+
I did planks....
Less than 30 mins, that was an exaggeration... like 20 mins ish...
+
I did planks....

Yeah they can be pretty good. I kinda just went into anti-calisthenics mode for some reason, sorry.
Yeah they can be pretty good. I kinda just went into anti-calisthenics mode for some reason, sorry.

Na, its calm...
I feel so sick...

Spoiler

Na, its calm...
I feel so sick...

Spoiler

Do they disallow it because 14 year olds can't be trusted to use equipment correctly or because of the myth that they could stunt their growth?

Eat something btw.
Original post by idontknowmedoyou

If you're hungry: eat, just try to moderate it, otherwise it might culminate into health complications.
Do they disallow it because 14 year olds can't be trusted to use equipment correctly or because of the myth that they could stunt their growth?

Eat something btw.

First one... The second one tho lmao :biggrin:

I will soon eat...

How do people go gym by themselves?
I just don't get it, I tried it... Sometimes it helps, mostly it feels just kinda awkward...
First one... The second one tho lmao :biggrin:

I will soon eat...

How do people go gym by themselves?
I just don't get it, I tried it... Sometimes it helps, mostly it feels just kinda awkward...

I started going with a friend for a few months, then he started smoking weed a bunch and became a giant moron, so I went by myself and meet up with friends there every now and again. It's not really something I think about. It's just something you do, especially since I know the place and the owners really well.
I started going with a friend for a few months, then he started smoking weed a bunch and became a giant moron, so I went by myself and meet up with friends there every now and again. It's not really something I think about. It's just something you do, especially since I know the place and the owners really well.

Maybe that's why...

I don't know the owners too well in the gym my friends go to with me...

The other one is like my friends uncle's gym... So I get treated like family, but their equipment ain't as good...
Maybe that's why...

I don't know the owners too well in the gym my friends go to with me...

The other one is like my friends uncle's gym... So I get treated like family, but their equipment ain't as good...

I just started talking to them a lot and got in on all the gossip.
I just started talking to them a lot and got in on all the gossip.

Lmao, you cheeky fellow...
I eat sugar free yogurt and drink lots of water. I also work out. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest