Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Art Therapy Foundation Course

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I’m currently a student in my third year of university studying BA(Hons) Photography. Even though I do enjoy photography, I really want to be an art therapist in the future. My problem is that when I leave University, I want to go on the MA Course in either Roehampton or Goldsmiths to study art psychotherapy. These courses ask for a lot of requirements, so I know i’m in a bad starting position to begin with. Apparently, I need to build up a portfolio and get some work experience… which is kind of none existence to me right now.

Although, my other alternative, is to join an Art Therapy Foundation year which both of these universities offer. Which is great for me because within that year I could build up a portfolio and gather some hours of work experience. However, I’m not entirely sure how the foundation course works, because I want to move to London to study.. does student finance still support Foundation courses? Also I would have to sort out accommodation and not going to lie, it’s all stressing me out haha.

I just don’t know where to start and even if I do get accepted to the foundation course, do i need to prepare for an interview? are they expecting to see me with much experience? because this is the problem I have.

I’d love some advice. Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.