The Student Room Group

I want to be a mental health nurse

Hi I'm currently in year 11 and I want to be a mental health nurse for children but I don't know what courses I should take in college
Biology psychology health and social care are 3 main ones which are good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by fxlloutboyy
Biology psychology health and social care are 3 main ones which are good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should I take all 3 or just 1
Original post by Lilly1516
Should I take all 3 or just 1

Biology and Psychology are usually taken together for nursing or mental health due to the obvious links, plus the courses overlap slightly. I wouldnt do all 3 as youre limiting yourself. Think about another science or maths/statistics.
Reply 4
Original post by fxlloutboyy
Biology and Psychology are usually taken together for nursing or mental health due to the obvious links, plus the courses overlap slightly. I wouldnt do all 3 as youre limiting yourself. Think about another science or maths/statistics.

I'm so confused sorry 😂 What courses would you choose if you was trying to do what I wanted to do?
Biology,Psychology + one other subject of your choice. It could be anything so think about what you enjoy or might be helpful in the degree. It could be completely unrelated like Politics or could be related such as chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Communicating with people in distress is one of the key duties of a mental health nurse. How would you go about becoming a confident communicator?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending