Scroll to see replies

(obviously)
yes and no
:dontknow:
Reply 3
Yes
Reply 4
I'd say so.
Like smiling at a shop assistant is shop-lifting?

So, no, of course it isnt.
Yep.
Reply 8
Depends on what is said.
What about flirting with people to get a better rapport non-romantically?
Original post by AlexFam
Curious on people's thoughts.

If you flirt in a lustful way(and in your mind you really love the person you're flirting with) then you've essentially, in essence, cheated. If you're saying say, "wow, your legs are great" purely as a compliment, without any strong feelings in yourself after that, I wouldn't count it as cheating. There's intrinsic cheating(as I've mentioned) and there's physical cheating(self-explanatory).
As far as I'm concerned, making out isn't cheating
Nope I don't think so. Not doing anyone any harm.

Self-control is clearly important to avoid things escalating too far. Many people have too little of this. :redface:
I think it's a concern if you have it in your mind to flirt with someone when you're in a relationship. I have never so much as batted my eyelids at other men when I'm in a relationship, let alone actual flirting. My feeling is that if you're cool with your partner flirting, and your partner is cool with you doing it - then you guys do you. However, it is cheating to me. If you're about to do something that you would hide from your partner - think twice.
It is cheating.

But I feel like when I do it it's not cheating because I won't go any further. but it is def a form of cheating :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
I never considered it cheating unless it communicates sexual interest. Mostly I think flirting is a benign thing men and women do socially without particular meaning. However, if it does communicate sexual interest, then that's hitting on someone and I think it's reasonable to categorise that as cheating.
Original post by AlexFam

If you are doing it in the hope of furthering a relationship then yes it is. If the person were to make a move on you as a result - what would you do - if it is to respond to them in a sexual manner or similar - yes of course it is.

I "window shop" all the time and flirt outrageously with many of the men in my department - it is harmless . If they were to respond I would be horrified - and they know I am flirting because they do it back.*
Reply 17
Original post by squeakysquirrel
If they were to respond I would be horrified

stop window shopping then

someday someone will step out of the shop and offer you an item you were eyeing.

and you'll have no real reason to complain since you invited (gave way) to the attention

(nonphysical flirting isn't cheating, but it's a pretty orange red flag of someone who thinks they can do better than you)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
standard operating procedure for keeping the mrs on her toes
Original post by AlexFam

Yes! If you're not 100% invested in your partner to not flirt with other people, knowing that it would upset them, then it's just as bad as taking things further than just flirting. The only person you should be flirting with is your partner. If you want to flirt with others you shouldn't be in a relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest