The Student Room Group

Attending sixth form at one school but took extra GCSE at another centre

So I'm a current Y13 student and applying to uni through UCAS but I've got a problem on the education section.
I took 11 GCSEs last year at this school but this year I retook 4 of them and sat an extra one at another centre that isn't my school as an external private candidate.
Three of my retaken subjects didn't go up a grade but one did and the extra one I got an A*.
Do I declare all retaken and extra as sat at the centre or only the one that's changed grades.
Also when adding a centre it asked me to say when I started and finished but obviously because I went just for the exam I can't really say anything.
How should I do this?
Original post by studying_me
So I'm a current Y13 student and applying to uni through UCAS but I've got a problem on the education section.
I took 11 GCSEs last year at this school but this year I retook 4 of them and sat an extra one at another centre that isn't my school as an external private candidate.
Three of my retaken subjects didn't go up a grade but one did and the extra one I got an A*.
Do I declare all retaken and extra as sat at the centre or only the one that's changed grades.
Also when adding a centre it asked me to say when I started and finished but obviously because I went just for the exam I can't really say anything.
How should I do this?

You declare all of your qualifications - that means all resits of GCSEs even if the grade didn't change.

If you sat an exam externally then you need to add the exam centre as a PART TIME place of study for the months of the exam/results - you can then attach the qualifications you sat with them to that place of study and it will be clear you were just sitting exams and not receiving tuition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending