The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Postgrad accommodation help!

Hi,

There don't seem to be many postgraduates around on this forum, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm due to start studying for a PhD in September and am new to Nottingham.

I applied for uni accommodation and have been offered a room in Albion House. I haven't been able to visit and don't get back from America until August 25th.Is Albion House nice? How big are the rooms? Is there really only one bathroom per seven person flat? Do I need to get a parking permit?

When I visited the department in March, the postgrads I talked to recommended getting private housing through the housing event. My parents live in the US now, so I'm keen on getting a house for the extra space. The housing event seems to have moved to August 30th/31st now, but if I want to get my deposit back I need to tell UPP by September 1st, I think. (Is this right - it's a Saturday?). My offer letter got sent to my UK address so I've no idea what it says.

So I guess I'm asking if anyone who knows Albion House or postgraduate housing can offer me any advice.

Cheers,

Alice

Latest

Trending

Trending