The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for Vet Med

I was wondering if anyone here would mine showing me their personal statement? Preferably one that helped you get accepted somewhere. I'm not 100% sure I'll end up applying for Vet Med, having only just realised it's what I want to do, but if so I'll have to rush writing it, and it would be a great help to view some examples first. I realise there are websites to view examples, but I can't seem to find any for Vet Med. Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
city_chic
I was wondering if anyone here would mine showing me their personal statement? Preferably one that helped you get accepted somewhere. I'm not 100% sure I'll end up applying for Vet Med, having only just realised it's what I want to do, but if so I'll have to rush writing it, and it would be a great help to view some examples first. I realise there are websites to view examples, but I can't seem to find any for Vet Med. Thanks :smile:

This is an excellent book full of information, advice, alternative routes of entry and includes a whole section on personal statements:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Getting-into-Veterinary-School-Into/dp/1844550206

I have no idea why its going for 35 quid on amazon, it only a small paperback book but I suggest reserving it from your local library. Its got ps examples in it.
Reply 2
Thanks. I'll check that out :smile:
Books can only help you so much. Get plenty of drafts done checked by your teachers and/or careers people, get it flowing and singing your praises.
I have a new computer so no longer have a copy of my ps on here to send but if you PM me a draft I can make some suggestions.
i sent mine to TSR wiki a week or so ago, but now i cant find my own copy

so ditto the abuv. PM me ur p/s and ill also give suggestions. (p.s. my personal statement got me 2 out of 2 interviews so hopefully my input would help! lol :smile: )
Reply 7
ch0c0h01ic
If you're interested i'll send you mine, it got me 3 interviews.

Books can only help you so much. Get plenty of drafts done checked by your teachers and/or careers people, get it flowing and singing your praises.

Could you please send it? It would be very helpful, even just to see whether Vet Med really is for me or not. Thanks :smile:
Reply 8
^ Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 9
hey city chick,
i was just looking to ask exactly the same question. i really need help with my personal statement. i just posted a new thresad so if anyone could help me aswell id be very much appreciative!!

if you would maybe be able to forward any emails of PS you got from people
:smile: please

i don't even know where to start wth my personal statement :confused:

thanks
Reply 10
^ Sure, I'll send you the one that ch0c0h01ic sent me.
Reply 11
can u please send me that personal statement too thanks.
Reply 12
I'll send all 3 of you a copy of mine as well, it got me all 4 interviews.
Reply 13
Send an email too urpwnt(at)gmail.com (my spam account:P) if you want a copy of mine.
Reply 14
earedien

I'd love it if you could send it to me too please....... am waaay struggling at the moment.

Much love

xx
Reply 15
earedien

Thanks! :smile:
hey trying to write my personal statement at the minute!sort of struggling, very time consuming!lol!if anyone could send me thier personal statement to give me an idea of the structure i should use!any help would be greatly appreciated!thanks
Reply 17
hi everyone!

im in the sam possition just trying to write my PS and could really use some help/advice! so anyone thats got some examples could iyou please forward me them that would be extremely helpfull as i just cant get mine to sounds right!
nickj
hi everyone!

im in the sam possition just trying to write my PS and could really use some help/advice! so anyone thats got some examples could iyou please forward me them that would be extremely helpfull as i just cant get mine to sounds right!

hey nickj, just wondering if your having any luck with the personal statement? im getting through mine very slowly, going to be plenty of redrafting before its done! how much work exp you got and how did your AS levels go? thanks, good luck with your ps:smile:
Hey,
would it be too much trouble if someone sent me their PS as well. I'm half way through writing my first draft and I'm stuck now. lol