The Student Room Group

College won't let me change course

What can I do now because they said no to me? Would other colleges accept me at this point if I moved to their college because I'm doing a course I hate and want to do something else?! Advice please? Thanks.
Do you know the reasons behind them not allowing you to change course? If they have stated its due to the class already being full, ask to be placed on a waiting list for people who drop out of that course and you can then take up their place, essentially a clearing stage than most colleges and universities have from Sept - Oct.

If they don't give you an explanation, find the course you want to study and go directly to the tutor who teaches it and ask if they would be willing to enrol you in their class and support your decision when the 'big bosses' try to stop the change from happening.

After this look into other colleges and courses as they too will most likely have a clearing stage and their websites will have advice on how to apply for a course through the clearing stage.

A good idea may also be to talk to who ever your student support tutor is in college and ask them to help you find a different course you would enjoy?

Quick Reply