The Student Room Group

Choosing a college: St Johns vs St Peters

Please help!! They seem so similar
How important are bursaries to you? St John's is (afaik) the richer of the two by far, so is probably going to have more college-specific bursaries that you could tap into, if you're eligible for them...

I've never seen the bar at St John's but St Peter's has a very nice bar :awesome:
Reply 2
I think St John's offers accommodation for all three years and St. Peter's doesn't, if that's important to you. (For me, this was the most important thing.) :smile:
Reply 3
Quite similar, really?

St Peter's is small, fairly unremarkable-looking, and comparatively poor; St John's is very big and grand, and very rich. I don't mean to suggest that any of those is a good reason to choose either, just that they're not a pair of colleges that spring to mind as similar.
St Peter's, from what I gathered, is quite a bit more sociable than John's and has a great student-run bar. If that matters to you, as it does to me, consider applying to Peter's. On the other hand, John's is far more academic and wealthy, offering accommodation for 3 years (Peter's only offers for 2), so this matters to you then apply there. It's all down to personal preference. It's also really not worth stressing over, as you'll likely love wherever you end up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending