Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Parents supporting

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

So I've been told how much I will get from student finance and it doesn't even cover my rent for the year. However, my parents haven't finished their supporting side, due to my dad being unable to access it. The website just says there is already an account with these details, then when trying to use them it says no account exists?

Will my payment go up once completed or is it stuck at the current value? Also is there any way to get help with the parent support?

You will be receiving the basic amount of funding if your parents have not supported your application. It sounds like your dad may already have an account this may be due to receiving finance for himself previously or supporting another application perhaps a sibling. I would advise him to call us on 0300 100 0607 and we can reset his details and give him his customer reference number in order for him to support online. Alternatively he cans end a PFF2 form which you can find on the link below :

Once we have received the financial details form both parents we can income assess the application and depending on the household income you may be entitled to a higher amount of funding.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 29, 2016
I want...
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.