The Student Room Group

Please answer !!

Hello. I don't have any GCSEs but I want to study a levels is this possible at all? It could be at a private college I don't mind. But I really want to do this .
Reply 1
Are you a mature student?
Unless the above, then I wold suggest you start with GCSE to get used to study as A levels are much harder. You dont give much info about yourself, in some cases you might go straight to A level, but most people do GCSE first. Why do you think youd be suitable for A level?
Reply 3
Original post by Havszy123
Hello. I don't have any GCSEs but I want to study a levels is this possible at all? It could be at a private college I don't mind. But I really want to do this .

It's possible... you could study for them yourself and maybe get a tutor and pay to enter the exams yourself but I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Alternatively you can get 5 GCSEs and then apply for A levels. Are you 16-18 or older?
Reply 4
I'm 17 going in to 18 this year, I did think about doing GCSEs first then going on to a levels but I don't want to loose any more years for uni. I've done the studying myself and tutor before didn't really work out much. When it was exam times we couldn't find a centre and that was a waste of another year.
Reply 5
Original post by Havszy123
I'm 17 going in to 18 this year, I did think about doing GCSEs first then going on to a levels but I don't want to loose any more years for uni. I've done the studying myself and tutor before didn't really work out much. When it was exam times we couldn't find a centre and that was a waste of another year.

i reckon you'll struggle getting on to A-Levels without any GCSEs but the only people that can tell you for certain are the colleges so you need to do some phoning around imo. You may end up needing to redo some GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest