The Student Room Group

Why are females abused for gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yudothis
"Young women suffer particular severe forms of online harassment".

Thanks mate.

We call this fallacy shifting the goalposts. You made the claim that online abuse happens more to women than it does to men and I provided evidence for the contrary. I wasn't addressing any claims on severity.
Original post by limetang
We call this fallacy shifting the goalposts. You made the claim that online abuse happens more to women than it does to men and I provided evidence for the contrary. I wasn't addressing any claims on severity.

You will also see from my other posts, that the other part of my argument is that what women experience is much worse. I never denied that there is toxicity everywhere. In fact, I myself, as a man, have on multiple occasions been wished anything from cancer to aids to death, or my mum being raped. All I am saying is that what women experience is worse. And that while some men get that, too, women get it a lot more. But I admit that reading only that post you are right and it reads as overall women are abused more, which is wrong. So sorry about that. Though I must question your use of we...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending