The Student Room Group

Any way I can get into medicine with these grades?

I got A*A*AABBBBCCC at GCSE, A* in English language, and English literature, B's in my two science and a C in maths (still heartbroken I was 1 mark off a B :frown: but its a C regardless) and now I'm studying Economics, English Literature and Geography at a level, predicted AAB respectively. Anyone know any foundation degree programmes that will take me on with these grades or will I have to do a post graduate degree in medicine? :frown:. Anyone with similar grades got onto medicine without having to do the aforementioned degree?
Original post by limellow
I got A*A*AABBBBCCC at GCSE, A* in English language, and English literature, B's in my two science and a C in maths (still heartbroken I was 1 mark off a B :frown: but its a C regardless) and now I'm studying Economics, English Literature and Geography at a level, predicted AAB respectively. Anyone know any foundation degree programmes that will take me on with these grades or will I have to do a post graduate degree in medicine? :frown:. Anyone with similar grades got onto medicine without having to do the aforementioned degree?

you're not even doing 1 science at a level? you need chemistry a level minimum to do foundation medicine and why are you even doing medicine? are you pressured by your parents or something
the greatest issue you face is that you hve no level 3 Science award ...
Reply 4
Original post by samantham999
you're not even doing 1 science at a level? you need chemistry a level minimum to do foundation medicine and why are you even doing medicine? are you pressured by your parents or something

No not really pressured by my parents, i want to do it. The degree I wanted to do previously is just not as employable, And I was asking because I found the Manchester foundation degree and it specifically asks for no science subjects at a level and if you do have some it wants no more than 1. But you need a B in maths which I dont have so I was just wondering if anyone knows other foundation programmes that meet my grades.
Original post by limellow
No not really pressured by my parents, i want to do it. The degree I wanted to do previously is just not as employable, And I was asking because I found the Manchester foundation degree and it specifically asks for no science subjects at a level and if you do have some it wants no more than 1. But you need a B in maths which I dont have so I was just wondering if anyone knows other foundation programmes that meet my grades.

retake maths gcse this november ? and then apply and okay cool, your interest in medicine just seems to have sprung from somewhere random but we all have our reasons so go for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending