The Student Room Group

Run-through Trauma & Orthopaedics (ST1) still happening in the UK?

Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone knew whether anywhere in the UK still did run-through T&O training (ST1-ST8) as opposed to uncoupled training (beginning at CT1). I suspect no, but would like to know what happened.

I am aware the Northern Deanery, the West Midlands Deanery and the Yorkshire and Humber Deanery started a pilot of mixed training (some do ST1, some do CT1) in 2010, but can't find out how this turned out. I am also aware Scotland still offer run-through training.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by -Simon-
Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone knew whether anywhere in the UK still did run-through T&O training (ST1-ST8) as opposed to uncoupled training (beginning at CT1). I suspect no, but would like to know what happened.

I am aware the Northern Deanery, the West Midlands Deanery and the Yorkshire and Humber Deanery started a pilot of mixed training (some do ST1, some do CT1) in 2010, but can't find out how this turned out. I am also aware Scotland still offer run-through training.

Thanks in advance.

As far as i understand only Scotland offer this unless you apply to T&O ACF of which i believe there were only 4 in the country last year at ST1 (Northern, Sheffield, Imperial and i can't remember the fourth).
Reply 2
Original post by plrodham1
As far as i understand only Scotland offer this unless you apply to T&O ACF of which i believe there were only 4 in the country last year at ST1 (Northern, Sheffield, Imperial and i can't remember the fourth).

Cheers mate.

Quick Reply

Latest