Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Question about right to work in the UK

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    So I'm trying to apply for my first job and I'm asked if I have the right to work in the UK and having to show proof. All this would be easy if I had my passport which I don't since I'm at uni looking for a job and my parents are keeping hold of my passport however I do have my provisional driving license which shows my place of birth "UNITED KINGDOM" with the Union Jack. Is this enough proof that I need to prove that I have the right to work in the UK?

    Edit: I just found out I can't use my provisional driver's license. Is there any other alternative form of proof I can use?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.