The Student Room Group

confused uni or people ?

So i started uni this week, which i have been looking forward to for a while . I was so excited to get working and love the uni . But now rating I'm having mixed emotions lol , I'm there every day from 9am , baring in mind i have to get up at 6am to commute. So I'm shattered at the end, also my class is quite boring i know I've only been there for 4 days so far but know one seems to be speaking at all , theres a lot of students and its ever so closetrophobic !

Atm i do everything myself , which includes eating , walking to classes etc.. I dont know if i feel homesick ?
am i just over thinking things
Or do i have to get used to this routine ?

I doubt you are feeling homesick if you commute from home. Ask someone in your seminar or lab (if you have them) to get lunch with you. Everyone will probably be feeling the same way you are. It takes a while to get used to the routine but once you have made friends and settled in properly these feelings will be a distant memory.
I think the main issue here is that you are not in halls, thus you are not in an environment where you can easily meet other people and make friends. Also, if you have missed freshers' (you didn't say whether or not you did), you are also at a big disadvantage.

The best course of action for you would be to try and move into halls, although I appreciate that if you have chosen to commute there are probably financial constraints.

So, join societies and try and talk to people in lectures. Make the most of seminars and group activities, as they are a prime opportunity to get to know others.
Reply 3
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I doubt you are feeling homesick if you commute from home. Ask someone in your seminar or lab (if you have them) to get lunch with you. Everyone will probably be feeling the same way you are. It takes a while to get used to the routine but once you have made friends and settled in properly these feelings will be a distant memory.

yes probably ! thanks
Reply 4
Original post by jambojim97
I think the main issue here is that you are not in halls, thus you are not in an environment where you can easily meet other people and make friends. Also, if you have missed freshers' (you didn't say whether or not you did), you are also at a big disadvantage.

The best course of action for you would be to try and move into halls, although I appreciate that if you have chosen to commute there are probably financial constraints.

So, join societies and try and talk to people in lectures. Make the most of seminars and group activities, as they are a prime opportunity to get to know others.

I could have moved into halls but my course is extremely challenging and i can see myself getting side tracked lol but yes probably going to give it time and see how i do

Quick Reply

Latest