The Student Room Group

boyfriend is losing his hair?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If you break up with him because you're not happy with it, don't tell him that that is why, it will give him confidence issues for life.

When i started losing my hair at 17 I was very self conscious and afraid of rejection, please try to be careful with your words.
Reply 21
Christmas is just around the corner. buy him a toupee.

Simples.
There is the option that this guy can wear a hair system, which a lot of male celebrities wear nowadays. They are basically wigs glued onto the shaved head, but they are made with real hair and people can't tell the difference.
[video="youtube;37OWL7AzvHo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo[/video]
you obviously don't love him then

i mean if you started losing your hair you'd expect your boyfriend to still love you as much wouldn't you?

this isn't something he can control. either learn to accept it, tell him to wear a hat/wig or break up with him
Original post by Anonymous
I hate to sound rude, but not many 19 year old girls would date a bald guy.

And this shows u don't really like him...:u:
Original post by UWS
If you really loved him "lots" then him losing hair wouldn't really bother you. It's not as if he'll be bald by December unless you really stress him out so calm down.

:toofunny:
Unless a man's a >7/10 alpha male genetics 6 ft or taller strong hairline it's all over boyos

Time to lay down and rot
If you're not attracted to him then end it, I guess.

I hope if you become fat you'd understand being dumped for it though.
In all honesty it's most likely going to affect him drastically more than it is you. I started balding, albeit only being noticeable at 23 when I was 21.... the hit to confidence etc initially can be massive, offset by the fact there is largely nothing that can be done about it.

Weirdly enough it's both worse and better than I was expecting. However here's the crux of the matter. He can't do anything about it. Rogaine for example at best slows it down for a couple of years and the next alternative has the potential of ruining his sex life (they state 1% odds but it's closer to 1/3 imo). Hair transplants are the only real option and how many 19 year olds can afford this? Sadly enough they're much more expensive than virtually all cosmetic surgery for women such as boob jobs etc simply due to the time needed.

That being, while I agree attraction and the initial part of relationship rely heavily on appearance, once you get to the stage that you love them, while still being a negative, appearance should become less and less of an issue. There is a reason cheaters tend to cheat with less attractive alternatives than their partner. If you're still that against him loosing his hair, but want to keep him I suggest you save up for a hair transplant.

And just think... odds are by the time you're partner is 50... they'll be experiencing male pattern baldness anyway. So you better get prepared to get used to it eventually.
Reply 30
get him a cool wig. help him get a sick beard to compensate. loads of bald men just get mega beards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending